Monday, December 14, 2009

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Melissa Blue!


Jilted by her fiancé, Marissa is done with men until fate steps in and she finds that Craig Langston may be more man than she can resist.

Marissa is a high energy independent career woman of the 21st century who finds herself on a collision course with destiny when she is thrown 144 years into the past. Confederate Officer Dr. Craig Langston is an enticing man that any woman would long to fall in love with, and now Marissa is torn between rampant desire, for the man ignites her very soul, and a longing to return home.

Can she find it within herself to embrace a new life in the arms of her Confederate officer or will more sinister forces intervene before she can discover what may be the greatest love of all time?


NG: Simply Sexy Stories welcomes author Melissa Blue today! Melissa what genre do you write and why?

MB: Historical or historical/time travel romance is what I most enjoy to read
and write because I am a hopeless romantic (imagine that) and I NEED a happy ending. Reading is supposed to be fun, a stress relief, and life has enough unhappiness without experiencing it in books too.

NG: I agree with you! Reading should be a pleasurable escape! When did you realize you wanted to become an author?

MB: I realized I actually enjoyed writing somewhere around age seven when I discovered reading wasn’t so bad either. At that age I detested reading, school, and everything in between. For Christmas my grandma got me Meet Felicity, the first book in the American Girls series. I devoured it! And not only did I love reading the story, but decided to rewrite the ending too. Funny, but my mom and I ran across that in a box two days ago!

NG: Share a little about your journey to becoming published.

MB: From the start of my first project Without Regret, My Love to a contract offer from Champagne Books, the process took about 1 year. Not bad in the grand scheme of things, especially since we’ve all heard the rejection horror stories. After a stream of rejections from agents and the like, I decided to target electronic publishers as opposed to more traditional houses, primarily because I knew zilch about the publishing industry. In dealing with setbacks I just keep my chin up and remember rejections are not personal.

NG: Any advice you'd like to share with aspiring authors?

MB: Find your niche and your own voice. Friends, family and acquaintances alike will tell you write like… oh, let’s say Stephen King. But you don’t want to write like Stephen King, only Stephen King has his particular style and voice—literally. Just write like yourself.
Find a critique partner, a good one is worth gold.
Welcome constructive criticism.
Rejection happens. Keep your chin up and move forward.

NG: Let's talk about Without Regret, My Love. What's this romantic story about?

MB: Present day ER nurse Marissa McClafferty may find her wish for a new life more than she bargained for when she tumbles through time and into the arms of a very hunky Confederate officer. Thrown into the everyday tumult of life in the Civil War south, Marissa finds herself working in a Confederate hospital, suspect as a Yankee spy, and falling hopelessly in love. Will Marissa choose the man she loves or continue searching for a way home? More importantly can love overcome the sinister forces working against them before it’s too late?

NG: Care to share your inspiration behind this sexy tale?

MB: In my other life I—like my heroine—am a Registered Nurse. A couple of years ago I went back to school to complete my Bachelors degree and was doing a project on medicine in the Civil War. Once my horror subsided, I started thinking… just what would a current day healthcare professional do if thrown into such third world circumstances? Of course if I were to write a book about it, it would have to be romance… And set in the south… With one hunk of a blue eyed hero… And a mystery… Thus Without Regret, My Love came to be.

NG: Why are readers drawn to romantic and erotic tales?

MB: Okay, show of hands, who here doesn’t like sex? Yeah, that’s what I thought, no takers. We all like sex. But really that’s not why romance is popular. In my opinion people like a happy ending, and a good love story. Everyone wants to be loved completely and unequivocally, it’s the ultimate fantasy.

NG: And now for the grand finale question! What do you think is sexy?

MB: What a fabulous question! And where do I begin.
Okay, so let me just say first off that Gerard Butler is super sexy! Big burly man, toned muscles, and that smokin’ hot Scottish burr all rolled into one. Do men get anymore perfect? And he can sing. The latest film rendition of Phantom of the Opera was fabulous!
Moving on from Gerard (do I have any drool dripping down my chin?)… I’d have to say that in addition to Scottish burrs, Irish brogues are sexy, as are men with muscles and blue eyes. So give me a man with muscles, blue eyes and an accent and I’m pretty much set.
Marine Corps dress blues are sexy, and cops with handcuffs are sexy—my husband happens to be both **wink*wink** Basically I love a man in uniform period.
Sipping coffee in pajamas is sexy.
Cuddling in cold weather is sexy.
--Letting that cuddling get carried away.
Intelligence and a good sense of humor are very sexy.

NG: Yes, yes, yes! Men in uniform, cuddling in cold weather, intelligence with a good sense of humor is definitely sexy! And I'm with you on Gerard too! Thank you so much for stopping by Simply Sexy Stories today, Melissa! Without Regret, My Love sounds like a wonderful holiday present!


Without Regret, My Love is available now with Champagne Books! Get your own copy of Melissa's historical/time travel romance here!

Want to know more about Melissa Blue?
Satisify your curiosity here:
http://melissalynneblue.com/

* * *



Caution! Sexy Excerpt Below:


They stood so close that she could feel the heat resonating from his body and he kissed the delicate skin at the corner of her mouth. Her lips felt warm, ready, “It’s true,” she whispered closing her eyes as he kissed the other corner of her mouth, “There are times when I feel so overwhelmed by life. I need a place like this.” She tilted her neck as he pressed his lips down the gentle slope of her throat. His fingers lightly ran up and down her spine until she fairly shivered. “Thank you,” her voice was breathless as he continued to ply her with his kisses.
Lifting her into his arms he gazed into the ebony pools of her eyes. She felt good, no, she felt perfect.
“Kiss me,” she breathed twining her fingers through his hair.
And he did.
The touch was soft, tender, inviting.
She trembled.
Cradling her against him he settled her back into the soft bed of tall grass pressing his mouth more insistently against her. Her lips were made of the most pliable velvet and he could taste them. Her hair was smoother than silk and it tickled his face. Her skin was pale like fresh cream and he caressed it. And her eyes, oh those eyes, like warm liquid pools of the nighttime sky could pull him into oblivion if he wasn’t careful. He didn’t want to be careful. He just wanted Marissa…

They stood so close she could feel the heat resonating from his body, and tingles danced across her skin as he kissed the delicate skin at the corner of her mouth. Her lips felt warm, ready. “It’s true,” she whispered, closing her eyes as he kissed the other corner of her mouth. “There are times when I feel completely overwhelmed by life. I need a place like this.” She tilted her neck as he pressed his lips down the gentle slope of her throat. His fingers lightly ran up and down her spine until she shivered. “Thank you for sharing your special place with me.”

Lifting her into his arms, Craig gazed into the ebony pools of her eyes. “There is so much more I want to share with you,” he said. “You feel so good in my arms. No, you feel...perfect.”

To his delight, she breathed, “Kiss me,” and twined her fingers through his hair.

He did, keeping his touch soft, tender, inviting.

He felt her tremble.

Cradling her against him, he settled her back into the soft bed of tall grass, pressing his mouth more insistently against hers. Her lips were made of the most pliable velvet, and he drank in the sweetness of them. Her hair was smoother than silk and it tickled his face. Her skin was pale like fresh cream and he caressed it. Her eyes, oh those eyes, like warm liquid pools of the nighttime sky, they could pull him into oblivion if he wasn’t careful. He didn’t want to be careful. He just wanted Marissa…

6 comments:

  1. So, what would you do if I raised my hand and said I didn't like sex? Huh?

    Oh, call me a liar huh? Let's see....

    Well you'd be right...

    And you are spot on with some sexy there. I want to add.....a man in a fire fighter jumpsuit. OMG...all hot and bothered just thinking about it.

    GREAT interview girl.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. For anyone who hasn't read this book yet, run to your computer and buy it now! I was blown away by this novel, especially since it's Melissa's first publication. She's a fabulous writer and this book keeps you interested from the first page to the last. Great job, Melissa!

    Stacey
    http://www.staceycoverstone.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa wanted me to post this for her as she is unable to do so at work:

    Good Morning and Greetings from Big Sky Country! Although I'm not seeing much Big Sky at the moment... mostly impending snow.
    Thanks to Nichelle for having me today! I'm thrilled to have the interview and LOVE your blog.
    If you'd like to leave a comment or ask a question I will be in and out today as I have a mandatory education/certification at work. sigh... I'd love to say I write sexy stories all day, but the bills call :)
    Thanks again to everyone and Happy Holidays!

    Melissa

    Thanks for stopping by Tami and Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa,
    Great Interview. I loved your advice to writers that rejection isn't personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview. I adore time travel to the Civil War era! This going on my must read list!

    Rie McGaha...fantasy that keeps you up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria and Rie, thanks for joining us today!

    Season Greetings!
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...