Saturday, January 30, 2010

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes GR Bretz!

NG: GR Bretz welcome to Simply Sexy Stories! I'm excited to have another Noble Romance author here today! What do you enjoy most about being a writer?

GR: I suppose the thing I most enjoy about writing is the vacation from reality. I get to create delightful, often disturbing, settings. I fill them with characters who linger fondly in my memory long after the story is finished.

NG: What genre(s) do you write and why?

GR: I write romance and erotic romance, but most of my stories have a fantasy/speculative fiction theme. I write for that genre, because it's what I enjoy reading.

NG: How long did it take for you to become published?

GR: My first novel, Absinthe Eyes & Other Lies was contracted for by the first publisher I submitted it to. That was strictly good luck. I was researching submission guidelines for various publishers. When I checked Noble Romance Publishing's guidelines, I realized that my novel would probably be a good fit. Fortunately, the publisher agreed.

NG: Amazing! And congrats on the awesome reviews coming back about your debut release! What's the one thing you wished you had known about the publishing world before you got into the biz?

GR: Wow! I could write another book detailing the many answers to that question. If I have to narrow it down to one ... I thought that writers had to have an agent in order to get published and I spent a lot of time trying to find one. I wish I had known that it's much easier to find a publisher, than it is to find an agent.

NG: Any advice you’d like to share with aspiring authors?

GR: Don't quit your day job. :-) Don't get me wrong. A lot of writers make a really good living writing, but most don't. If you're writing for any reason other than the sheer joy of writing, then you're probably in the wrong business.

NG: Let's talk about your hot new release, Trill Song. What is this erotic fantasy about?

GR: Trill Song is set in a world of lush farmlands, dense forests and snow-capped mountains. It's a world where music is everything, and the heroine, Liwa, is a woman who was born with a perfect, magical voice. She uses her voice to make her world a kinder, gentle one. To do so she must overcome enemies who are intent of maintaining the status quo, at all costs. She and her companion, Temo, fight to make her dream come true, while falling deeply in love. There's a great deal of swordplay in every sense of the word.

NG: Yummy! As an extreme music junkie and vocalist, I love the concept behind this story. What inspired you to pen this sexy tale?

GR: This story was inspired by a song, Gold by Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton. Both singers have the rare ability to trill, to sing several notes in a single beat. Listening to the song filled me with a sense of magic. I took that magic and wove it into an erotic romance.

NG: Nice! I love Dolly and that song is very beautiful. GR, what’s the one thing readers can always count on when they pick up a book written by you?

GR: Character development. My characters are very real to me. They are my constant companions and, for the most part, I love them. I'd like to think that my deep affection for them makes them very believable for the reader.

NG: Do you have any other hobbies that you enjoy?

GR: I'm a big fan of drinking and recreational pharmaceuticals, but I don't recommend it to others.

NG: *clearing throat* I can't wait to hear your answer for the next question. Here goes . . . If you could be any mythical/fantasy creature what would you be and why?

GR: I suppose I would be a phoenix. The ability to rise up from the ashes and be reborn over and over again is very appealing.

NG: I agree and you surprised me with that answer! My last question, GR, what do you think is sexy?

GR: Well, I write erotic romance. So I find a lot of things sexy, including that question. I love it when a woman's hair falls across her face, partially hiding one eye. It's very mysterious and alluring. I think bare feet and bare shoulders are very sexy. I'm especially turned on when a woman wears a blouse that is long enough to cover her hands down to the middle knuckle. For me, the real turn on isn't the things that a woman shows; it's the things they almost show.

NG: GR, I'm so glad you were able to stop by Simply Sexy Stories! It's been fun and very interesting! I will be reading Trill Song and I'm wishing you all the best in this upcoming year!

Caution! Hot Excerpt Below:
Blurb: Liwa is a young woman with a mission. She means to end the war that has drained her society of its best and brightest for centuries. When Liwa was seven, the Healer fled the village in fear of her life. She left her six year old son, Temo, in Liwa’s care.
Now Temo has come of age and Liwa is determined to keep him from being sent to war. Her efforts incur the wrath of the ruling Elders. Liwa must come to terms with her conflicted feelings for Temo, as the two of them fight their way north in search of the legendary Andrigorn valley and the one person who can help Liwa end the war: Temo’s mother.

Liwa devoted the next four months to insuring that Temo and Rall didn’t collide. If she could keep the two of them apart until the summer solstice, the matter would resolve itself. She seldom let Temo out of her sight, and she knew he delighted in spending so much time with her.

Rall often accused Temo of hiding behind her skirt. She had to bite her tongue to keep herself from speaking the truth. She was protecting Temo, protecting him from the trouble he would be in if he killed Rall.

As one of the village butchers, Temo excelled at his job. He went at the task with both hands, knives flailing and whistling through the air. Flesh fell away from bone and in no time the task was finished. Liwa’d seen him skin and butcher an entire cow in less than an hour.

But most of the time, she didn’t see anything. She couldn’t bear to watch, and instead stood outside the barn and waited for him. She always expected him to be drenched with blood when he came out, but he never was. There were probably a few sprinkles of blood on his face and hands, but they became lost among the field of freckles that seemed to multiply daily with the sun.

To Liwa, nothing inspired lust quite so much as blood, and if he had been splattered, she would have found it that much harder to pretend she didn’t want him. She was very vulnerable to desire lately, and the young men she used to play with were all married, now. Chloe spent her days tending her fields and her nights tending to Rall’s desires, leaving her with no time left for Liwa.

The villagers expected Liwa to wed next spring. She could play with any of the young men who would come of age this year. They were handsome and charming . . . and they were already casting furtive, frightened glances at her. If they only knew she would not choose any of them, not ever.

Last year, Temo had been reasonably tolerant about her dalliances, because he wasn’t old enough for her to choose. But he’d come of age, and if she did anything to suggest she might prefer another young man, she’d break his heart.
She’d spent too many years putting it back together to let it crumble again.

Tonight, like many others, she was left to own devices, such as they were. She had to take matters into her own gentle, knowing hands. She lay there, touching herself, brushing aside the day’s unfulfilled desire.

She ran her hands over her breasts, down the smooth shallow of her stomach. Her fingertips lightly brushed the insides of her thighs, sliding closer each time, tempting and taunting herself with rumors of caresses soon to come.

Laying one hand gently on top of her pussy, she put the other on top of it, and pressed down hard. She slid it back and forth, up and down. Pleasure could never be more perfect than when she was with herself. She knew exactly what to do and when to do it. The physical pleasure could not be matched, but it left her aching for the warmth of a kindred spirit pressed against her trembling body. So, she closed her eyes and dreamt she had someone there with her.

She did all of this knowing he lay in the next room, keen to the scent of her passion, tuned to the sound of her sighs. She did all of this knowing he knew, knowing that he, too was touching himself and thinking about her.

Get your copy of Trill Song here!

Still curious about GR Bretz? Satisify your curiosity here!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to stopping by again.

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, Glenn! I look forward to having you on again! Enjoy your Saturday!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...