Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Mysti Holiday!

NG: Today, I'm happy to host erotic romance author Mysti Holiday on her blog tour for Shut Up & Kiss Me. Let's get started! What do you enjoy the most about being a writer?

MH: The ability to create anything I want. If I can think it, I can write it. How many people can say thinking and dreaming is part of their job? If I’m staring blankly out the window, I’m still working. The brain never stops.

NG: What's the one thing you didn't count on when becoming an author?

MH: Having to remain anonymous. I always figured I’d be able to shout out to the world that I was published, but for several reasons, I’ve opted to use a pseudonym, and only a very few people know who the “man behind the curtain” is.

NG: I can relate to that too. What genre(s) do you write and why?

MH: As an erotic romance author, I’ve only written heterosexual contemporary romance. Within those boundaries, I’ve toyed with self-gratification, ménage and light bondage, but I’ve not chosen to try historical or paranormal. Yet.

NG: How long did it take for you to become published?

MH: I was published under an alternate pseudonym about five years ago and have several stories out. My journey to become an erotic romance author, though, was fairly simple. Shut Up & Kiss Me was my first completed erotic story and was accepted by the first publisher I submitted to. I’m sure that it was due largely in part to what I’d already learned about the craft as a mainstream romance author, however.

NG: What's the one thing you wished you had known about the publishing world before you got into the biz?

MH: How hard and time consuming promotion is. I have very little writing time anymore, because I use up so much of my precious time on promotion. It’s just crazy! Which is why I’m having someone help me with the tour – the money was worth every penny in time savings.

NG: Describe your writing process in one word.

MH: Eclectic. *G*

NG: Any advice you'd like to share with aspiring authors?

MH: Develop a thick skin. Be polite, even when other people aren’t. Don’t leave nasty comments when you get a bad review. Remember that the writing world is very, very small and word spreads: both good and bad. Your reputation matters. Be professional, always.

NG: Let's talk about your scorching new release, Shut Up & Kiss Me. What's this saucy tale about?

MH: High school antagonists who have always had an underlying thread of attraction are thrust together and forced to face their feelings. Not only do they live in different states, they have different aspirations and dreams. Can they overcome their differences to build a life together?

NG: What inspired you to pen this sexy tale?

MH: A challenge between my writing partner, Kealie and I. Both of us were stuck in writing ruts, so decided to challenge each other to a duel of sorts: write a complete erotic romance of at least 7500 words in two days. We both completed our stories in the short time period allotted, and the rest is history!

NG: What's the one thing readers can always count on when they pick up a book written by you?

MH: A happy ending. I don’t do sad. I don’t do ambiguous. I want my reader to be certain that the protagonists will end their lives in love and together. In my opinion, there’s nothing romantic about two people not ending up together.

NG: Agreed! When you're not writing are there any other hobbies you enjoy doing?

MH: Gardening. Jigsaw Puzzles. Training my cat (yes, that is an exercise in futility!)

NG: If you could be any mythical/fantasy creature what would you be and why?

MH: Mrs. Whatsit from “A Wrinkle in Time” ... she was so cool. Changing shape, knowing how to tesser. I’d really, REALLY like to be able to do that. No more road trips, no waiting in long lines at the airport. Plus she always had really cool hats.

If not her, then how about a phoenix? I could still fly, and I wouldn’t die... exactly. I could get into having regular “do-overs” in life through rebirth.

NG: What do you think is sexy?

MH: Romance is sexy. The secret smiles, a soft touch, holding hands, a promise in a glance. Sex is awesome, but that build up ... the tension ... oh, yeah.
And, heck, I’ll be honest: a hot, hard body with a handsome face isn’t anything to sneeze at either!

NG: lol. What's your next stop on your virtual blog tour?

MH: At The Amber Scott Project: http://amberscottproject.wordpress.com/

NG: Mysti, thank you so much for stopping by Simply Sexy Stories! I wish you much success with this release and future endeavors!


Blurb: Kasey Davenport and Cole Roberts—adversaries since junior high when Cole did nothing but pull her hair, snap her bra strap, and tease her mercilessly—find themselves unexpectedly thrown together when Kasey is in town on a layover. As always, sparks fly between them, but this time the attraction simmering close to the surface explodes into a passion neither of them expected or wanted.


After years of mutual avoidance and denying their attraction, can Kasey and Cole stop arguing long enough to discover if what they feel will last more than just one night?

Shut Up & Kiss Me is available now with The Wild Rose Press! Pick up your copy here!

Still curious about Mysti Holiday? Find out more here: http://www.menagerieauthors.com and http://www.menagerieauthors.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Nichelle and thanks for having me today! I'll be around if anyone has any comments or questions.

    Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed both the interview and the blurb. I look forward in reading Shut Up and Kiss Me.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Tracey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy! Thanks again for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...