Monday, August 9, 2010

Q & A for Rapunzel's Release!

I thought it would be fun to have a little Q & A session to share a little more behind-the-scenes info on my latest erotic fairy tale novella, Rapunzel's Release.

Q: Why did I pick the Rapunzel fairy tale to retell?
A: I've always been fascinated by the idea of a lovely maiden locked away from the world with only a mean witch for company. Imagine seeing no one and knowing only what one person told you for your entire life! I also loved this story because Rapunzel actively tries to save herself and she is one of the few fairy tale heroines to actually save her man.

Q: Why did you set the story in Africa?
A: Africa popped into my mind when I first thought of retelling this story. I imagined my Rapunzel with beautiful black braids down her back. Tradition and family are paramount within this culture and I used that to build my world around the original tale.

Q: How did you choose the names for the other characters in the story?
A: The literal translation for 'witch' in the Afrikaans language is 'Heks.' Heka became the name of my very nasty witch in Rapunzel's Release.

My story opens with Rapunzel's parents, Zende and Johari. I spent a lot of time choosing both of their names. I ended up with Zende which is Swahili for 'strong or firm.' He is tested on both of these virtues in my story because of his love for his wife, Johari whom he loves dearly. She is his 'jewel' and that is the Swahili translation for her name.

Filipe is the name of my Portuguese hero and it literally means ''one who loves horses." I thought it was the perfect choice for my handsome trader who travels the world in search of rare finds. His ultimate discover was Rapunzel! Finally, Filipe's horse is named Fausto. Fausto is Portuguese, Italian and Spanish in origin, meaning 'lucky.' For Filipe and Rapunzel he lives up to his name!

Q: What was the hardest part about writing this story?
A: The hardest part was writing the scene where Johari learns her six month old infant must go live with Heka. As a mother of two, I imagined the pain and heartbreak that would be involved in being separated from my own children at such a young age. To then know your child would have to grow up with an insensitive witch...it's truly unimaginable.

Q: What is my favorite part of the story?
A: Hmmm...this is a hard question because there are so many great moments in Rapunzel's Release. I think I'd have to say the moment Filipe expresses his love for my brave heroine!


**CONTEST** I want YOU to experience this sensual fairy tale. You could win a copy for FREE!! To become eligible you must leave a comment on this blog post with your email addy AND join my Facebook Fan Page!! Contest will run until the end of August...Good Luck!






Rapunzel's Release is available with
Noble Romance Publishing and Amazon!

~NG

7 comments:

  1. I love fairytales please enter me

    meandi09@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great. Here is my email

    brandyzbooks@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fairytales with a new spin to them.

    *Facebook Fan

    yadkny@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the mix of the cultures! Thank you for the opportunity to win a copy of your book.
    joannereynolds@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everybody! Thanks so much for stopping by! I will randomly choose and announce a winner on Sept. 1st here on my blog and Noble Romance's Newsletter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I already posted and I became a fan but I forgot to tell you the my name on facebook.... Brandy U.....-Blake.

    -Brandy
    brandyzbooks@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know how I feel about erotic fairy tales! I look forward to reading all your steamy stories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...