Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Heather Peters!

NG: Welcome, Heather! Let's jump right in. What genre(s) do you write and why?

HP: I started reading romances since the bodice rippers of the 70's. I then graduated to the more liberal heroines and alpha heroes we find today. I found several years ago, that I needed more involvement for my h/h, more physical involvement and in these modern times, I so enjoy the fact that my characters can push the sexual envelope, and talk dirty if they want to. I want them to say what they mean when they interact, especially during sex. I like my stories uninhibited, graphic and raw. Today's erotic writers create primal characters that I want for my h/h as well.

NG: I used to hoard bodice rippers myself. *g* Why are you drawn as a writer to fantasy/fairy tale stories?

HP: As a child, most of us were brought up reading fairy tales. Stories about the beautiful princess and the handsome, strong, protective hero. They fall in love, share a chaste kiss, and live happily ever after, as the h/h ride away on the prince's white horse. I just like to fill in those blanks, make the stories sexier, put a twist on an old tale, and make it a real 'bedtime' story.

Children's stories such as Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White can all be embellished upon and made into adult fairy tales. As far as fantasy goes, I believe all romances are fantasies. I mean, who doesn’t like to escape to a fantasy world, and imagine the prince is an alpha hero who fights for the woman he loves, and in the interim, share a sweltering, burning sexual love affair?

NG: 'Filling in the blanks,' is what draws me to the vanilla fairy tales we know and love too. What do you enjoy the most about being a writer?

HP: Being an only child, alone time usually meant using my imagination to create scenarios and stories in my head. Building caves with pillows, using my parent's bed as a boat to ward off sharks, you know, normal childhood stuff! Now I get to create and develop my adult stories; I'm still playing make believe, minus the props!

NG: *whispering* Eh mmm...props can be fun for adults too! ;-) Moving right along, what do you find the most challenging about being a writer?

HP: Every story I write is a challenge. Is it good enough? Could I have done better? Why did I have that character do that? And then my h/h are always challenging me to make sure I do what they want! It’s a never ending challenge, but one I love to approach, creatively.

NG: How long does it take you to complete a book?

HP: I can write up a 5K short story in a few days if I focus. My longer novellas take weeks, especially because I have a day job, and have family to take care of.

NG: Do you use beta-readers or critique partners?

HP: I have an awesome critique/writing partner that I would be lost without. I've pubbed two novellas with her (Eden Elgabri) and we work together perfectly, because our voices are very much alike. We bounce ideas off each other all the time. The only down side is she lives in Rhode Island, and I'm here in New York. Our phone bills are astronomical!

NG: That's so cool, living in the Big Apple and having an awesome critique partner. Which is harder to come up with...the blurb or the title?

HP: I take more time to write the blurb than I do the entire book! Honest, I must do 20 or 30 drafts before I'm satisfied with my blurb, which usually turns out to be my query too.

NG: Blurbs are treacherous! How did you celebrate your first sale?

HP: Well, I shop til I drop, of course!

NG: Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate to me. Now, let's do a little Heather Peter's trivia! Favorite romantic movie?

HP: I have tons, but I'll narrow it down to one and say "Pride and Prejudice" with Keira Knightly. I've seen it at least 40 times, and never, ever get tired of watching Darcy suffer in love.

NG: Can you believe I haven't seen that one yet? I'm going to have to check it out. Favorite love song?

HP: Again, I have tons, but I'll stick with a standard, "Ebb Tide" by the Righteous Brothers. Someday, I'm going to write a story based on those awesome lyrics.

NG: Nice! Favorite dessert?

HP: Anything with sugar, preferably chocolate mousse and tiramisu.

NG: Yummy! Do you have any other hobbies that you enjoy?

HP: Reading, cooking with my DH, shopping with my BFF, dancing, and laughing with my grandchildren, who happen to be the funniest people I know.

NG: Let's talk about your latest release, Surrender. What's this sexy story all about?

HP: Surrender is my contemporary version of Beauty and the Beast. When Isabella Beaumont finds her business is about to go under, she turns to the only person that can help her, Lyon Sauvage, a man who was her friend years before, but who she left because she couldn’t give him what he wanted, her surrender. Lyon agrees to help her, but for a price: her submission to him for 3 days….and nights.

NG: What inspired you to pen this sexy tale?

HP: My favorite fairy tale has always been Beauty and the Beast, so it figures I would write a contemporary version of this timeless tale. I love the fact that Isabella loves Lyon and all his scars, i
nside and out. Who wants to read about a perfect man anyway? It gets boring. Give me a scarred, tortured, brooding hero any day!

NG: Me too, Heather! What’s the one thing readers can always count on when they pick up a book written by you?

HP: Anyone who reads my books can always count of me delivering an erotic love story between two consenting adults who, once they meet, know they've found the love of their life, enjoy hot, uninhibited, steamy sex within a passionate love affair, and always, always have their HEA.

NG: Scrumptious! Thanks for stopping by, Heather!

Blurb: Florist Isabella Beaumont through no fault of her own, is about to lose her business. She might as well lose her soul. With no other options she turns to Lyon Sauvage, a man she dismissed from her life five years earlier. But is she willing to pay the unexpected price of ultimate submission?

Enigmatic millionaire Lyon Sauvage lost Isabella once. He has no intention of opening his heart and suffering that mistake again. When she appears on his doorstep desperate for help, Lyon presents her with a proposition she has no choice but to accept. But will his revenge get her out of his system? Or condemn him to greater heartbreak?



Caution! Super Sexy Excerpt Below:
Isabella gasped when she found herself gathered into his arms. The scents of spice and male surrounded her, and one of his large hands slid down to cup her ass, his erection pressed against her hip, hard and long. God, what he truly wanted was clear to her now.

"This is just a preview. I can make all your woes go away, Isabella. You have five minutes to decide." He stared into her eyes as if daring her to refuse. "Don't waste my time."

When she could find her voice, she pushed off his chest, stepped away from him. "Please don't do this, Lyon. I-I need more time."

He looked at his watch, then back at her. "And I need to know what you intend to do. Four minutes, forty-five seconds, and counting."

She threw up her hands. "Have you lost your mind?" No, maybe I've lost mine.
"You're the one who came to me for help. What's your answer?"

She shook her head, swallowed the lump that formed in her throat. "I have no one else to turn to."

"I'll help you. But you won't walk away so fast, this time." She could see the tiny creases fanning out from the depths of those sapphire eyes as he continued to speak. "You left because you were afraid, not of me but of your own inhibitions." He cuffed her wrist within his grip.

"No, I left because I lost David to another woman and I had nothing more to give anyone, including you." She tried to wrench free, but every effort proved futile. "Why can't you just lend me the money and I will pay you back another way."

"But this is what I want. Your body." He pressed his palm to her rear. "Your kiss." His lips were warm and a tiny tickle erupted in her stomach. "Your submission." He wrapped his arms tighter around her and crushed her mouth until a groan of arousal escaped her throat.
"Isabella, don’t you understand? You don't know the limits of your own passion."

Her legs almost gave way when he released her. Why was he tormenting her? Why did she feel empty all of a sudden? She cleared her throat, but her voice sounded weak, even to her own ears. "So, all I have to do is play your whore for a weekend, perform as your sex slave. And when you're through with me, my life simply goes on?"

"I don't like the word, 'whore', Isabella. Think of this as a business arrangement, for want of a better word. Now, to continue, you will come to my home with nothing but the clothes on your back and will wear only what I give you to wear. I will bathe you, and feed you, and in return, you will be at my disposal for the entire weekend. Surrender is the name of the game, Isabella. I want it all." Lyon cornered her as if a predator about to pounce on its helpless prey. "Are you willing to give it?"

"I'll never forgive you for this."

He appeared nonplussed, and she'd have liked to wipe that smug look from his face. "Is that your answer?"

She clenched her fists to keep from trembling. "Do I have a choice?"

"Everyone has a choice, Isabella. But I'll take your answer as a 'yes'. Is the thought of a lovely, quiet weekend as a guest in my home so abominable to you?" He slid a gentle finger down her cheek, leaned, lowering his lips to her ear.

Isabella shuddered when he bit then licked the soft flesh. "See. I've barely touched you, and you're aroused, aren't you? Since the day we met, I've wanted you. I want you still."

"I can't believe you'd want to have sex with an unwilling woman."

"Don't underestimate yourself. I don't think you're unwilling at all." He framed her face with his fingers. As if to seal the deal, he pressed a bone-melting kiss to her lips.

His tongue urged her mouth open, exploring, teasing, until she found herself moaning into his mouth, answering to his kiss. Their tongues swirled and teased. He tasted dark and forbidden. Lyon's hand slid up to cup one breast and a groan of pleasure escaped her. His thumb flicked over a nipple and inside, Isabella melted into a puddle of warm syrup, hating herself for giving in so easily.

Ending the kiss, Lyon tilted her face to meet his deep gaze, now dark and threatening. "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning."

She managed to find her voice as she shook her head. "I can't possibly leave on such short notice. I have things to get done. We're approaching a holiday weekend. I have to tell my father where I'll be."

"I'll contact your father." He stepped away from her, leaving her feeling strangely abandoned.

"One last thing, Belle."

No one had called her 'Belle' since Lyon held her in his comforting arms five years before. Now she shuddered at the sound of her nickname from his lips. She stood rooted to the spot, her fingernails digging into her shaking palms.

"If at any time you decide to leave my home, our arrangement shall be null and void. If you want the money, you must stay the entire weekend."
He turned from her and settled back at his desk, essentially dismissing her. "Be ready at nine."

"You'll regret this, Lyon."

"No, I don't think so."

She'd heard his words, and a chill raced over her as she stormed out of his office, slamming the door behind her.

Leave a comment to win a copy of Surrender...don't forget your email addy and good luck!
Pick up a copy of Surrender available now with Noble Romance Publishing here!

Still curious about Heather Peters? Check out her website: www.heatherpeters.org

8 comments:

  1. What a fun interview! I must confess I love all Heather's books. :) I'm a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview and delicious excerpt. You have my attention! Thanks for sharing.

    T.
    finalcutediting@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Amber, Margie & T! Thanks for stopping by!
    Have a super Thursday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm your book sounds yummy! Sounds like a delight. Wonderful interview.
    Sue B
    katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather has informed me that winner of her erotic fairy tale is... KATSRUS!!! Congratulations, you should be hearing from Heather soon!

    Have a great weekend everybody!

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I am so happy to win!Responded back to her email.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome, Sue - Surrender is on the way as we speak! Hope you enjoy the journey of love of Lyon and Isabella - and thanks again, Nichelle, for having me - it was a pleasure. Lets do it again for my Naughty Nibble, Best Laid Plans! And thanks everyone for their kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...