5. So many reading possibilities! e-publishing has opened up the doors of authors with unique, quirky, seriously smokin', unusual stories. Stories that may have been to out there for traditional publishing houses. Now, you can expand your literary tastes in just about any genre you can imagine.
4. Reading versatility in the palm of your hand! Do you like to read more than one book at once? e-readers give you the ability to carry thousands of books in one slim device. Perfect!
3. No more lugging books! In the past, I would change my purse to fit the book I was reading, but not now. My slim, sleek e-reader fits nicely in just about every purse I own.
2. Privacy Please! I like to read all kinds of stuff, especially erotic/erotic romance. I can't tell you how many times in the past I've tried to conceal the cover of what I'm reading. Am I ashamed of what I read? No. But, do I need the male stranger next to me on the train knowing I'm into BDSM, menage...you get the idea. e-readers let you read whatever you want, wherever you want.
1. Saving a tree, one e-book at a time! I'm trying to go green in all aspects of my life and this is another way to do my part for planet Earth. I adore trees. I love to watch them sway in the breeze and where would I be without their leafy shade and delicious fruit gifts? e-books save trees and reduce pollution.
All of my books are currently digital, but I only recently acquired an e-reader. I can't tell you how much nicer it is to settle in the bed or wherever with my e-reader rather than reading e-books off my computer. It took me forever to finish reading any e-book because I spend so much time writing on my computer. When I wanted to relax, I'd grab my paperback.
Now, I'm actually reading e-books I've purchased last year! So, which e-reader did I choose you ask? The Nook! The Kindle and Nook both have e-ink and it's truly amazing how crisp pages are for reading. Both have extensive digital libraries that are constantly expanding. I was torn between the two until I held the Nook in my hands. It was love at first sight!
E-books are truly the wave of the future and if you haven't already checked them out you should. This advice is coming from a die hard paperback book lover. I was convinced e-reading couldn't be as enjoyable as reading an actual book. Boy, was I wrong. My e-reader is the ultimate reading experience! Will I still buy paperback books? I'm sure I will on occasion for that special book I must place on my overstuffed bookshelves, but I've crossed over to the digital side and the literal possibilities are endless!