Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Top Five Reasons to Embrace E-books!

5. So many reading possibilities! e-publishing has opened up the doors of authors with unique, quirky, seriously smokin', unusual stories. Stories that may have been to out there for traditional publishing houses. Now, you can expand your literary tastes in just about any genre you can imagine.

4. Reading versatility in the palm of your hand! Do you like to read more than one book at once? e-readers give you the ability to carry thousands of books in one slim device. Perfect!

3. No more lugging books! In the past, I would change my purse to fit the book I was reading, but not now. My slim, sleek e-reader fits nicely in just about every purse I own.

2. Privacy Please! I like to read all kinds of stuff, especially erotic/erotic romance. I can't tell you how many times in the past I've tried to conceal the cover of what I'm reading. Am I ashamed of what I read? No. But, do I need the male stranger next to me on the train knowing I'm into BDSM, menage...you get the idea. e-readers let you read whatever you want, wherever you want.

1. Saving a tree, one e-book at a time! I'm trying to go green in all aspects of my life and this is another way to do my part for planet Earth. I adore trees. I love to watch them sway in the breeze and where would I be without their leafy shade and delicious fruit gifts? e-books save trees and reduce pollution.

All of my books are currently digital, but I only recently acquired an e-reader. I can't tell you how much nicer it is to settle in the bed or wherever with my e-reader rather than reading e-books off my computer. It took me forever to finish reading any e-book because I spend so much time writing on my computer. When I wanted to relax, I'd grab my paperback.

Now, I'm actually reading e-books I've purchased last year! So, which e-reader did I choose you ask? The Nook! The Kindle and Nook both have e-ink and it's truly amazing how crisp pages are for reading. Both have extensive digital libraries that are constantly expanding. I was torn between the two until I held the Nook in my hands. It was love at first sight!

E-books are truly the wave of the future and if you haven't already checked them out you should. This advice is coming from a die hard paperback book lover. I was convinced e-reading couldn't be as enjoyable as reading an actual book. Boy, was I wrong. My e-reader is the ultimate reading experience! Will I still buy paperback books? I'm sure I will on occasion for that special book I must place on my overstuffed bookshelves, but I've crossed over to the digital side and the literal possibilities are endless!

~NG

9 comments:

  1. Great article, Nichelle. I'm going to link it to my site as well. Well thought out, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Nichelle. I too agree we should 'Embrace' ebooks, as an editor with hot romance epublishers Embrace Books, lol.

    Caught your tweet today. Am now following you on Twitter. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post, Nichelle; I dont have a Nook or Kindle -- yet. But you've given me five really great reasons why I should own one! I agree with you about sitting on the bus/train and having everyone know what I read. I like how you mentioned how 'private' the Nook is. I now know what to tell my kids and/or grandkids what I want for Christmas! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this latest posting. I also became a follower of this blog! Great blog!

    Collette Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brita, thanks for linking and stopping by. I hope you'll come through when your latest release of the Sapphire Club comes out! :)

    Hi, Jane, nice to 'meet' you! Thanks for coming through and commenting. I will be checking out Embrace Books! :)

    Heather, you really have to hold both of the e-readers in your hand to decide which one is right for you. Once you have one, you'll wonder how you ever survived without one! ;-)

    Collette, thank you! So glad you enjoyed it. I'm going to check out your blog and reciprocate the follow! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, Nichelle,

    I'd love to come by with Chocolate, Tea and the Duchess whenever you want me. Let me know.

    I love my Sony e-reader, simply love it! At the moment I carry 85 books around with me wherever I go. Try that with paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading on my iTouch, Ianto. I will probably be getting an iPad when they roll out the 7 inch ones. I'm all about the mobile -- pack light, be ready to go at a moment's notice. Love my lovely books, but I'm trying to reduce my belongings to move abroad and it all feels way too heavy. I'll keep the special ones but a lot of my lovelies have to go. Fortunately, my friends will give them good homes :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Nichelle, you make some EXCELLENT points! I don't have an e-reader yet but thanks to your post I'm giving it a lot more consideration, and that's saying somethin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brita, I'll send you an email. :)

    Ms. Kempe,

    You're moving abroad? How exciting!! What wonderful adventures await you! You truly must lighten your load.

    Sarah,

    I'm glad to give you food for thought when it comes to e-readers. You should definitely put one on your Santa list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...