Sunday, September 5, 2010

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Jade Archer!

NG: Hello, Jade, welcome to Simply Sexy Stories! Tell me what genre(s) do you write and why?

JA: I’m a huge fan of fantasy and Sci/Fi so that’s where I feel most comfortable, but I like to try my hand at a little of everything. My latest project is a contemporary MM ménage just to mix it up a little. It’s been a challenge, but one that I’m really glad I had a go at.

NG: MM ménage sounds challenging to write indeed. Why are you drawn as a writer to M/M stories?

JA: MM for me is new and fresh and different. It’s not that I don’t like MF romance, and I have written some, but there’s a lot of MF already been done, and over a long period of time. I also think that two guys finding each other, falling in love and getting their HEA is the ultimate in romantic. So MM satisfies the hopeless romantic in me. Not to mention it’s just damn hot!

NG: What do you enjoy the most about being a writer?

JA: I love creating, crafting and working with characters and ideas. I love the point when you’ve finished and know you’ve created something new and unique because it’s come from inside you. But I also find it fascinating that once you’ve written a story it takes on a life of its own. I find it truly amazing how different people interpret and take away different things from the same piece of writing. It’s also why I will never tire of being an author. There are just so many different ideas to explore.

NG: What do you find the most challenging about being a writer?

JA: Finding a balance. I can get very lost and focused on a story and push myself too far very easily. Sometimes I have to remember it’s healthy, both for myself and for my stories, to take a break.

NG: Good advice for many writers, I'm sure. How long does it take you to complete a book?

JA: Honestly, this is a huge variable with me. I’ve taken two years to write some pieces and others have flowed like water, and I’ve completed them in weeks. My writing, like my life, is unpredictable.

NG: Do you use beta-readers or critique partners?

JA: I’ve done it both ways. I’ve written pieces completely solo and just submitted them, and I’ve worked with a beta-reader. Recently, I met a wonderful man named Charles who has agreed to beta-read my latest project, and I really hope we can continue to work together. He has a great eye for details and a real gift for story-telling. I really value that extra, objective set of eyes, because as I said before, I can get kind of lost in my stories sometimes. We both belong to a small critique group, and I’ve found the group great for highlighting and whipping all those nasty little writing habits out of me I never knew I had.

NG: Critique partners are worth their weight in gold! Which is harder to come up with...the blurb or the title?

JA: Again this is very variable for me. Sometimes I know the title before I know anything else, but then the blurb just won’t come. Other times, I write a blurb style overview before I start writing a piece, and so it’s pretty much done, but then the title can be a real problem because I find myself struggling to condense it all down into one snappy, eye catching title.

NG: How do you celebrate actually finishing and submitting a WIP?

JA: I reward myself with books. Usually when I finish a piece I’ll take a few days off and in that time I’ll pick between two and five books, depending on how intense the last project was, to read and relax.

NG: I do the same thing. Let's do a little Jade Archer trivia. Favorite romantic movie?

JA: Honestly, I don’t watch romance movies really. I love Lord of the Rings, The Bourne Identity, and Black Adder though, depending on what mood I’m in at the time.

NG: Favorite love song?

JA: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Brian Adams…The theme from the first movie my husband ever took me to. We ended up dancing our wedding waltz to it.

NG: I love that song! Favorite dessert?

JA: I actually don’t have much of a sweet tooth. Put nachos or pizza in front of me and I’m yours, but sweets I can take or leave. I guess, if you really pushed me, I’d have to say I’ve never met a citrus tart I didn’t like!

NG: Do you have any other hobbies that you enjoy?

JA: There isn’t a lot I haven’t had a stab at, but at the moment, apart for reading, I make jewelery.

NG: How cool! Let's talk about your latest release What To Do With Lore. What's this sexy story all about?

JA: Mmm…the quick answer is it’s about how Lore and Rhyn meet and fall in love. Lore is a cat man, which basically means he has little pointed cat shaped ears and likes to nap in the sun. Other than that, he’s pretty much just like you or me. Unfortunately, in his home system his species is persecuted and extremely poor. They often trade themselves into slave contracts to survive. Although Lore never agreed to become a pleasure slave, the man he contracted himself to changes the deal and Lore is traded off-world. Just when everything is looking pretty bad for Lore, the cargo ship he’s being transported on is attacked by pirates. This is where Rhyn comes in. He’s sent to “retrieve the goods”, not knowing that Lore is the big ticket item he needs to bring back. Their first meeting is not ideal, but a powerful attraction brings them together. There are just a few minor details to work out first…like whether or not Rhyn is going to take Lore back to his master.

NG: Sounds very intriguing and hot! What inspired you to pen this spicy tale?

JA: Actually, it started out life as a submission for an anthology, but kind of raged out of control. Lore can be very headstrong. In the end, it was too long for the original submission intension, so I decided to submit it as a Novella to Total-E-Bound, and with some revision, the rest as they say, is history.

NG: What’s the one thing readers can always count on when they pick up a book written by you?

JA: There will always be a HEA. I will never write a sad ending. This is my vow! Really, I can’t stand sad endings. My heart is simply too soft and marshmallow like to handle them.

NG: Awww...thanks for stopping by, Jade and happy release day!

Blurb: A rough around the edges mercenary and a little spit-fire determined not to be anyone’s pleasure slave - making contact has never been so volatile....or so much fun!

Rhyn is an ex-lawman working as a mercenary. He’s contracted to protect large space freighters and passenger liners through space. He considers most sentient beings too annoying to be around on a permanent basis. He’s content to swear at inanimate objects and tinker with his pride and joy – Baker’s Pride; a bastardised freighter with more than one nasty little surprise under the hull skin just waiting to spring on the unsuspecting pirates he loves to goad and chase.

That is until his latest assignment brings him face to face with a stunning, fiery little cat man slave named Lore. Will the siren he discovers lead him to new horizons or will he crash and burn up on re-entry to reality?

Lore’s not having a very good day. He’s been reclassified as a pleasure slave, traded off-world, knocked on the head and placed in stasis and now he’s woken up surrounded by four of the biggest, hairiest men he’s ever laid eyes on. Oh! And it looks like they’re pirates.

Just as well he’s handy with a skillet and the pirates aren’t immune to a few well placed hits! Will the sudden appearance of a glorious, dark skinned angel in a lawman’s hat be the answer to all his lust filled prayers, or is he just another devil in disguise sent to snatch all his hopes and dreams away again?

Caution Spicy Excerpt Below:
By the time Rhyn was on the final approach to intercept the pirate vessel he had been hailed three times by the Mebians and was down to his very last nerve. He’d only been in pursuit for ten standard minutes for Ion’s sake.
Deciding enough was enough, he sent out a coded message to the Mebian vessel.

“This is Baker’s Pride to the Mebian freighter, Blue Pearl, making contact in galactic standard minus ten. Communication silence from mark.”

That at least should keep them off his back for a while. Even a Mebian should be able to work out the importance of communication silence. Surely they’d consider how breaking it might compromise retrieving their precious cargo if nothing else.
Breathing a sigh of relief, he began slowing to contact speed and watched as the pirate’s vessel came into view. An uneasy feeling had Rhyn loosening the pulse gun in the holster at his hip. Something just didn’t feel right. It definitely looked like Bretag’s ship, but it was just sitting there, drifting in space. Normally by this stage of the game he would expect them to be launching shock grenades and phaser bursts to try to throw him off or disable his ship. Right now, however, the pirate vessel looked rather like a beached leviathan he had once seen on Eros Minor—utterly helpless and ominously quiet.

A sudden shudder ran through his ship, and Rhyn heard the guidance system sound the warning alarm for an unexpected shift in position. It looked like there was a pretty bad solar storm brewing. Rhyn could already feel the solar winds buffeting the hull. It wasn’t enough to have stopped the pirate vessel or prevent him from boarding to investigate, but it could make things interesting and it meant that he couldn’t muck around being all pansy-assed out here all afternoon.

Calmly, he reached for his sidearm and checked the energy charge.
“Show time,” he muttered to himself as he confirmed it was set to maximum.
Flicking on the communicator, he tried a broad hail. “Bretag, you old quiral. Haul to and prepare to be boarded.”

Nothing. No return hail. His apprehension increased even more. Something was definitely wrong. Bretag and his crew took great pains to taunt and abuse him as they tried to outmanoeuvre him. Silence just wasn’t their thing. The fact that they had never won, and never would, was hardly the point. It was the way they played the game. This was just too weird a deviation from normal for him to accept.

Cautiously he manoeuvred into position beside the pirate ship and began the boarding sequence, establishing an airlock and quickly dialling the code to open the hatch between the two space crafts. He stood back, pulse gun in hand just in case. He didn’t expect any trouble from the crew, but the crew he knew and loved to goad might not be the ones he had to worry about today. Either way he’d be prepared. Easing his way down the gangway he stayed alert and ready for anything.

A loud metallic clatter followed by a pained cry had him raising his weapon in readiness. Cautiously he crept forward, hearing occasional cries of alarm and distress, prepared for anything. The sight that met him as he rounded the entry tunnel, however, was quite simply one he would never have expected to see, or likely forget. Not in this lifetime at least.

Barricaded in the tiny dining nook, surrounded by chunks of ore, an odd assortment of cooking utensils, machinery pieces and even an old space boot—it’s heavy mag-web sole fastened comically to the bulk head above them so it drooped down the wall—was the crew of the Bretag 5, desperately trying to defend themselves from a very small, very naked man brandishing a large metal skillet. The space under the table was so cramped that all four crew members cowering under the fixed table almost appeared to be one man. They were a jumble of squashed faces and tangled limbs. Arms, legs and shoulders periodically poked their fellows, forcing them out from cover only to quickly grab their appendages back as the little firebrand went for them with his makeshift weapon.

“What on Ion is going on?” he finally managed to splutter.

In hindsight it was a bit of a mistake. The small man spun around, obviously afraid of being attacked from behind, and given the glorious behind on display it was a legitimate concern. Rhyn certainly felt like attacking it. He could well imagine kneading, fondling and licking it for long contented hours. Not to mention pounding away at it ruthlessly and thoroughly to what was sure to be a mind blowing climax.

Pushing the salacious thoughts aside, Rhyn got his first good look at the man, and it really didn’t help get his mind back on track. Huge green eyes stared up at him from a small, distinctly feline-shaped face. Tousled, flame red hair kicked out in fascinating waves around the pale oval of his face, and the cutest little pointed ears poked through the messy hair on his head. Rhyn felt himself getting hard just thinking about the glorious contrast the man’s pale white skin and bright red hair would make against his own dark skin as the man knelt in front of him and…

The moment’s distraction was all it took. Bretag shoved hard at one of his brothers. “Get him!” he yelled desperately.


What To Do With Lore is available now with
Total E-Bound Publishing!
Pick up your copy here!

Still curious about Jade Archer? Check out her website: www.jadearcher.com

3 comments:

  1. Thank-you so much for having me here, Nichelle! It was fun. Wishing everyone a fabulous day...Jade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Jade! Wishing you wonderful reviews and lots of sales! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant interview! Yay, Jade!!! So excited to celebrate your first release with you. Congratulations!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...