Sunday, September 19, 2010

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Kele Moon!

NG: I'm happy to have Kele Moon today, talking about her latest release Beyond Eden. Kele, what's this saucy tale all about?

KM: Beyond Eden is an erotic, Garden of Eden romance. A rustically beautiful lake house is the setting for three life long friends to come together, recreating the original love story in modern day Tampa.

NG: Very interesting! What inspired this story?

KM: I knew I wanted to write a modern day, M/M/F romance. After that I started pondering the Garden of Eden story and asked myself what if the devil was the good guy—what if you wanted him to win? As a writer of erotic romance I was inclined to make giving into temptation a good thing.

NG: What was the most challenging aspect involved in writing this book?

KM: The symbolism, making sure it was there and helped tell a deeper story. I really wanted the little bits of symbolism littered throughout the story to help create vivid, rich characters that were real to the reader. It was harder than I thought it would be.

NG: How long did it take you to complete Beyond Eden?

KM: It took me about three months for the first draft to be done, but right about the time I finished I found out I was pregnant. Beyond Eden then took a back seat to that, but I chipped at the editing a little at a time for about six months after that before I finally submitted it.

NG: Which was harder to come up with...the blurb or the title?

KM: The blurb!! The title was fairly easy because I knew it had to have Eden in the title. The blurb, however, had me ripping my hair out!

NG: Describe the three main characters in three words.

KM: Danny: Seductive, Manipulative, Loyal
Paul: Beautiful, Torn, submissive
Eve: Vibrant, Rebellious, Passionate

NG: How did you come up with their names?

KM: I came up with Danny first and the nickname of Danny Boy. I then had to sit there and think of matching names and nicknames for Paul and Eve because I wanted the nicknames to be a throwback from their youth. Cute, sorta silly names kindergarten friends had and never let go of. It was symbolic to me that they clung to these juvenile nicknames because it was an anchor and reminder to them of their life long friendship. Eve became Evie Girl and Paul became Paul Guy. I also wanted Paul's name to be biblical since he was the representation of Adam, but to use Adam and Eve was too contrived. Truly, Paul's was probably the hardest but now I like it. It suits him very much.

NG: What’s the one thing readers can always count on when they pick up a book written by you?

KM: Vivid characters and snappy, realistic dialogue—those are my two strengths as a writer. It’s usually a sure bet any book by me will have those two calling cards.

NG: What new titles can your readers look for in the future?

KM: I’m working on Claiming Eden, the prequel to Beyond Eden.

NG: Ok, now for a little Kele Moon trivia! What's your favorite romantic movie?

KM: Dirty Dancing--I see it playing on TV when I'm flipping through the channels and I will stop to watch it every single time!

NG: I'm guilty of that too! Favorite love song?

KM: There are so many, it depends on my mood. Right now, probably The Story by Brandi Carlile and Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

NG: Favorite dessert?

KM: Cheesecake--so delicious, just writing it out makes me want a slice.

NG: Mmmm! Cheesecake is divinie! Where can readers find you next on you blog tour?

KM: http://amberscottproject.wordpress.com

NG: Thank you so much for stopping by, Kele!

KM: No, thank you! I'm really thrilled and honored to be featured!


Blurb: Three lifelong friends find themselves tangled in a web of love, pain and dangerous secrets in this erotic Garden of Eden tale.

Tall, dark and handsome Danny Carlow has always gotten whatever he wants except for the two he wants more than anything—his best friends, lovers Paul and Eve. Determined, he waits like a snake in the grass, poised for the right moment to offer them a temptation too delicious to resist.

Artist Eve Everton makes the painful decision to leave behind her true love Paul for the Siren’s call of New York City. Ten years later with her life in shambles, she returns home. When Paul’s waiting arms aren’t available, Eve falls for Danny’s charm and finds herself a willing accomplice in the dangerous games Danny plays.

Former college football star, Paul Mattling is now a successful attorney with a bright future ahead of him. But behind those brilliant blue eyes are secret desires for a taste of the forbidden. Will he play it safe or will he give into Danny and Eve and bite the apple?

Caution! Steamy Excerpt Below:
“Stand up and turn around,” Danny said and then leaned into Paul when he did so, blocking Eve’s view of his back.

He rested his cheek against Paul’s shoulder as his arm wrapped around his waist. Danny was bare-chested too, wearing jeans instead of black suit pants and together the two of them made Eve gape at their beauty.

With enough paint, canvas and film, Eve could use Paul and Danny to feed her muse for all time. That’s how beautiful they were together to her. Her mind stopped seeing beauty in the world outside the two of them standing there together and neither of them realized they had just ruined Eve’s art for the rest of her life.

Nothing she ever created would be beautiful unless it had one or both of them in it somehow and it occurred to her that she was going to be selling her body to Danny an awful lot. She couldn’t bear the thought of not creating art and any art that didn’t capture the dark magnificence of two beautiful men who were slave and Master to each other seemed pointless and dull. She’d sooner die than paint anything less than what her artist eyes were seeing in front of her.

“You don’t want Evie to see these marks on your back, do you, Paul Guy?” Danny asked softly, whispering the words into the curve of Paul’s neck. “I want you to tell her why you don’t want her to see these.”

“Because I got them for refusing to give Eve to you,” Paul whispered in misery.
“And now they’re useless.”

“Why are they useless?”

“Because I can’t feel them. I wanted to feel them forever.”

“Why?”

“Because I love her.”

“What?” Eve gasped, sucking in such a sharp breath of air she thought her lungs would burst.

“You knew that,” Paul said, turning around to glance at her over his other shoulder with a look on his face that told her he had assumed she had known it all along.

“I did?” Eve squeaked and her face scrunched up in a fight against completely breaking down in front of both of them.

“Yeah, I told you I’d love you forever.”


Beyond Eden, a M/M/F BDSM erotic romance is available now with Ellora's Cave! Pick it up here!




Curious about Kele Moon?
Check out her websites: http://www.kelemoon.com & http://kelemoon.blogspot.com


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the super sexy excerpt Kele! I'm in agreement with you on Dirty Dancing. It's one of my favorite movies. Once you start watching you can't tear your eyes away. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichelle and Kele,
    Kele your books sounds great. Nichelle, I wanted to stop by and say hi.

    Your blog gets better all the time!

    Luv,
    Brita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky! Thanks, I'm so glad you liked it!

    As for Dirty Dancing. . . My husband got me the collectors edition for Mother's Day and it came with a brochure for the place where it's filmed--it's still open and you can stay there. You can go on Dirty Dancing vacations! Sadly, I wanna go SOOO BAD!

    :D

    Kele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brita,

    Thank you!! And yes, Nichelle's blog is awesome. . I'm so honored she invited me!

    :D

    Kele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Ladies! Thanks for the compliment Brita and Kele! I'm thrilled to be one of your blog tour spots. The premise behind Beyond Eden is very intriguing and I can't wait to read it! Wishing you the best of sales and reviews!

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kele,

    Having a great time with your tour, it's so fun to have new blogs to check out. As for Dirty Dancing, I will throw my hat in as well. The music gets my feet tapping everytime.

    caity_mack at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Nichelle!

    :D

    Kele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy!

    I'm so glad you're enjoying the blogs!!

    I went to a 50's diner tonight and they played several Dirty Dancing songs! It was great!

    Thanks again!

    Kele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting premise and a great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the HOT excerpt.

    andrea.infinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. geez u dont look old enough to write romance , lol

    well i enjoyed the interview
    and the excpert

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blackrose!

    ::grins::

    I'm old enough, LOL! I have a 14 year old son :D That picture is about 5 years old. It's just one my husband has always liked--he picked it.

    Glad you enjoyed the interview and excerpt!

    Kele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sondrae,

    Thank you!! I suppose it is different if nothing else. LOL!

    :D

    Kele

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...