Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Sandra Sookoo!

NG: Hello, Sandra Sookoo, welcome to Simply Sexy Stories and happy release day! Let's talk about Damaged Cargo, what's this saucy tale all about?

SS: Well, it’s a mix of sci-fi and space punk set in the 22nd century aboard a rickety cargo ship. Throw in a few spicy sex scenes and you’ve got a great tale.

NG: What inspired this story?

SS: It was actually funny how it came about. My friend and my husband simultaneously ganged up on me, badgered me to write another sci-fi book. I protested saying I didn’t think I could, but they kept on. Needless to say, I watched a bunch of sci-fi stuff on TV and the addiction wouldn’t let go. So I wrote.

NG: What was the most challenging aspect involved in writing this book?

SS: Not having a hard and fast grasp on the genre. Yes, this isn’t hard sci-fi. It’s bordering on romance, but it’s a start. What’s more, it’s in my blood so I’ll definitely be writing more in this genre.

NG: How long did it take you to complete Damaged Cargo?

SS: A few months. I set it aside for awhile then came back and added more scenes. Set it aside again then gave the whole book an overhaul before submitting it.

NG: Which was harder to come up with...the blurb or the title?

SS: Always the blurb. LOL The title was easy. It has many meanings. The blurb, I’m still not sure I’m happy with LOL Blurbs are my downfall.

NG: Describe the heroine/hero in three words.

SS: Heroine: tough, gutsy, determined. Hero: Stubborn, loyal, angry

NG: How did you come up with their names?

SS: I’ve always loved the name Emma, so that wasn’t hard. His name, Tarek, was a bit more difficult. I played around with names that didn’t sound too weird or hard to pronounce.

NG: What’s the one thing readers can always count on when they pick up a book written by you?

SS: Emotional writing, characters they can relate to and comfortable pacing. Okay, that’s three but what can I say? LOL

NG: What new titles can your readers look for in the future?

SS: I’m very excited for the rest of this year. It’ll bring a paranormal book, another sci-fi (you really need to read this one!), a ghostly Halloween tale, and two sexy stories for Christmas.

NG: Whew! That should keep your fans happily reading until the New Year! Ok, now for a little Sandra Sookoo trivia! What's your favorite romantic movie?

SS: It’s a tie, actually. You’ve Got Mail or My Life in Ruins. I like both of these but for totally separate reasons.

NG: Favorite love song?

SS: I will Always Love You by Whitney Houston (okay, it was a Dolly Parton song)

NG: That's one of my favorites as well. Favorite dessert?

SS: Chocolate cheesecake

NG: Ooooo! Care to share the recipe?

SS: LOL I don’t have a recipe. Cheesecake is one of those things I don’t do well.

NG: Sandra, it's been fun! Thank you so much for stopping by, I wish you all the best with Damaged Cargo and all your upcoming releases!

Blurb: When survival is of the utmost importance, it’s best to shoot first and ask questions later, especially if you won’t like the answers.

The 22nd century is heinous. Finding a comfortable life in the Levinese Galaxy grows increasingly difficult.

Emma Gardine, one of a handful of female pirate captains in this throwback Victorian society, begs, borrows, steals and cheats her way through the planetary system on the hunt of a profit. An expert of guarding her heart and keeping people out, she never shows remorse and uses people until she gets what she wants, yet the hope for a normal life glimmers just beyond her reach. Then she meets Tarik Vartouth and her world splinters with new emotions and possibilities.

Tarik survived the murder of his sisters and the collapse of his laid-back existence. He’s sick of the mandatory breeding programs for genetic supremacy on Nazulara that sends innocent people to death and desires to campaign for democracy for his species. When the opportunity to befriend Emma is presented, he takes it and makes a play for her ship in order to carry out his own plot for revenge against his father—the Premier and ruler of the planet. Stakes are raised when sparks between him and Emma fly. Now their future and Nazulara’s, hangs in the balance.
Caution! Hot Excerpt Below:
Emma raised an eyebrow when he removed the garters and tossed the weapons to the floor.

“Oh, believe me, I’ll take you by force if necessary, with or without the daggers.”

She lightly bit his earlobe. “And I always get what I want.” Her heart pounded. Blood rushed in her temples. Need swept through her body as his naked body pressed into hers. Hard angles and sculpted muscle teased her more than any other lover had done before. From the moment she’d glimpsed his naked chest on the bridge, she knew this moment was destined for them.

“In this instance, I’d have to agree because you will get everything you want.”

She shivered at the low intensity in his voice. The shivers became shudders of anticipation when he unlaced the front of her corset and wrenched it open. “I hope your boasting won’t disappoint. I’m not easily impressed by a man’s prowess in the bedroom.” When he kneaded her breasts, Emma gasped. The sound was lost as he crushed his mouth to hers with undeniable intent. Anything else she’d thought slipped away with the kiss. She caught his face between her hands and fit his lips more comfortably to hers. Both hard and soft at the same time, she traced the bottom one with her tongue, felt his response long before he deepened the embrace.

God, she wanted those lips all over her skin, wondered what they’d feel like moving over her feminine folds. A flush of heat swept over her body, and she panted her need. Bracing a foot against the bunk, she flipped him over onto his back, laughing at his surprised expression.

“What the hell, Emma?”

“I never let the man have control.” Straddling him, she stared into his blue gaze and leaned close to drop a line of kisses along his jaw. The stubble there teased her tongue, stoking her arousal. The scent of him, something clean and crisp, blended with earthy, sweaty man, intoxicated better than the most potent drink and fueled her explorations.

“That’s too bad because I never allow a woman to call the shots in bed.” He tugged her down and captured a nipple in his mouth, teasing it raw with his teeth.

Spirals of pleasure curled low through her belly as he suckled. With his free hand, he teased and pinched her other nipple until she cried out. Her core heated with his ministrations, and she squirmed against him as moisture gathered between her thighs. His erection rubbed against her ass, setting off intense sparks of desire. Another swell of lust smacked into her in an overwhelming red wave.

Emma kissed him—hard. Done playing, she let him know what she wanted by plundering his mouth, thrusting her tongue into his and sweeping it along the silky, warm recesses. He tasted of salty sweat and a spiciness that was all him.

She had to have more.

Damaged Cargo is available now with Purple Sword Publications! Pick up your copy here!

***CONTEST*** One lucky commenter will win a $10.00 Amazon gift card!
Leave your email addy to qualify!
A winner will be drawn by Thursday 9 a.m. EST...
Good Luck!!






Curious about Sandra Sookoo?
Check out her website: http://www.sandrasookoo.com & blog: http://www.sandrasookoo.wordpress.com

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for having my book launch party today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Another Sandra Sookoo book to add to my collection! =) Way to go Sandi! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds inspiring. lol I would like have been a fly on the wall when you, your hubby and friend were discussing this story. Snort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carrie! So glad you enjoy my work lol

    Thanks Sandy. It was...interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds like an awesome story! must get my hands on this one...

    k_sunshine1977 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, everyone, thanks for stopping by!

    Sandi, I'm thrilled to have you on for the launch party! I love sci-fi stories and I'm looking forward to reading Damaged Cargo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks K! Hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks Nichelle. It was a fun book to write :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book looks really good. I love scifi romance.
    marlenebreakfield(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Marlene! I hope you'll pick it up. I really love these characters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new release! I just picked up Wedgie Tales and Panty Lines (my first of your books) and so far I'm loving it! I look forward to reading this one after I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sondrae, thanks so much for buying Wedgie Tales! Everyone's loving that book and I'm glad you are too. Hope you enjoy Damaged Cargo (although it's not a humorous book) lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry the winner of the gift card is so late. I'm in the grips of a cold and have been in bed all day. Anyway, the winner is K Sunshine! If you'll drop me your mailing address at sandra.sookoo@comcast.net I'll get your prize and book swag out to you :-)

    Thanks everyone for coming by. I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...