Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Victoria Roder!

NG: Hello, Victoria, welcome to Simply Sexy Stories! Tell me about Bolt Action, what's this suspense tale all about?Italic
VR: Secrets of the past, murder, mystery, revenge, deception, sexual tension, and the “State Quarter Killer”; Bolt Action offers it all.

NG: What inspired this story?

VR: I didn’t begin Bolt Action with a story line. I began with the characters Detective Leslie Bolt and her sister Tasha. The sisters are adopted by a loving family but perceive their experience differently. Leslie is grateful and Tasha is bitter. The sisters are based on a comment someone made to me about their personal experience with adoption after they read my story of adoption in A Cup of Comfort for Adoptive Families.

NG: What was the most challenging aspect involved in writing this book?

VR: It was interesting to research crimes, domestic violence, autopsy procedures, and police procedures for Bolt Action. The most challenging was writing the sensual scenes. I know I’m an adult, but I also know that my very supportive mom and supportive mother-in-law will read everything I write.

NG: lol. I understand. How long did it take you to complete Bolt Action?

VR: It took me one year.

NG: Which was harder to come up with...the blurb or the title?

VR: The blurb. It is hard to sum up a novel in a few sentences.

NG: Yes it is! Describe the heroine/hero in three words.

VR: Sarcastic, determined, vulnerable.

NG: How did you come up with their names?

VR: Detective Leslie Bolt was an easy name. She’s collects guns and rides a Harley, so I wanted her first name to bring out her girly side. I used the last name Bolt because of Bolt-action riffles. I came up with Dr. Jack Donnington because I was watching the AC/DC concert Live in Donington and I thought Jack sounded like a strong first name. I’ll let you guess where I got Detective Lance Kestler from.

NG: What’s the one thing readers can always count on when they pick up a book written by you?

VR: Suspense! If the readers want a spine tingling read for Halloween they can check out my paranormal romance ghost story, The Dream House Visions and Nightmares from Asylett Press.

NG: What new titles can your readers look for in the future?

VR: My first picture book, What if a Zebra has Triangles? will be released soon from Vintage Reflections Publishing. I am working on submitting a paranormal thriller, The Haunting of Ingersull Penitentiary. Hold on for another ride, because I believe Detective Leslie Bolt will have another crime to solve in the future.

NG: Very cool! Ok, now for a little Victoria Roder trivia! What's your favorite romantic movie?

VR: For Richer or Poorer.

NG: Favorite love song?

VR: Right now, I find Josh Turner’s song Your Man very sexy.

NG: Favorite dessert?

VR: Angel food cake with strawberries and whip crème.

NG: Oooo, that's always good! Thank you so much for stopping by, Victoria!

VR: Thanks for the interview, Nichelle!

Blurb: Detective Leslie Bolt is a tough talking, gun hording, motorcycle riding investigator with as much insecurity as the rest of us. After a childhood of abuse suffered at the hands of her father, Leslie stashes a collection of pistols, revolvers, and even keeps a Browning A-Bolt Stalker Rifle in her broom closet. She is stand-offish and down right rude. Having to work a serial murder case with her handsome ex-lover Detective Lance Kestler doesn’t improve her disposition. The “State Quarter Killer” is selecting victims that appear to have nothing in common except for the State Quarter placed under their lifeless bodies. As the body count mounts, Leslie Bolt must conquer her past and race to capture the killer before her sister is the next victim.
Caution! Sexy Excerpt Below:
Detective Leslie Bolt and Dr. Jack Donington meet at The Bareback (nudist ranch) where Leslie tends horses and rents a paint drumming room to relieve stress.

“Oh, come on. Lighten up, Dr. Donington,” I teased.

Jack shrugged his shoulders and looked at me with the eyes of innocence.

“You’re positive no one is around?” Jack surveyed the sealed off drum therapy room.

“I’m certain.” I held up a janitor’s version of a key chain and jiggled them.
“It’s just you, me, and twenty gallons Gothic washable paint.”

When Jack emerged from the dressing room with nothing but a pair of ribbed dark blue Hanes boxer briefs on, I was certain he could see my tongue hang out. The smirk he returned for my boy cut undies and tight sports bra felt satisfying.

“What would you like to hear for music?” I asked.

Gesturing toward the glassed in CD player Jack suggested, “I played in a garage band in my day. Base guitar, but I’ve never drummed. I can’t say I’ve ever beat my frustrations out on bongos covered in paint, so why don’t you pick the music.”

“In a band? I guess you’re cooler than you appear. What genre of music did you play?”

“Thanks, I think. AC/DC, Seegar, I guess if people danced to it, we played it.” Jack rubbed his short black hair. “I even had a bushy fro.”

I walked toward the CD player. “I’m sure you drove the girls crazy.”

“How about I just watch you the first time through?”

I shuffled several disks and placed on in the player. “Oh no, big guy we’re in this together. If I’m gonna be full of paint so are you. Let’s start with Doug Kroening’s, Walking Shoes. You’ll have to work up to AC/DC. There’s just something about Kroening’s soulful, been around the block, smoked a few cigarettes, and enjoyed a little Jagameister voice, that helps me concentrate on the good things in life.”

With the music engaging, I sprinted to my set of drums. I glanced into the mirror placed along the wall in front of the bongo drums. The reflection of the shirtless well-toned doctor flexing his pectoral, bicep, and deltoid muscles as he beat the drums, made my skin tingle. The statue-like, dark skinned, sight of him made me want to abandon my paint covered bongo drums and join him at his. I could feel my face burning with desire.

I looked away from his glorious physique and pounded out my pent up frustrations on my paint-covered drums. As we both beat to the base of the music, the paint began speckling, spattering, and plastering the walls and our bodies.

Lost in the moment of the sensual activity, I never noticed Jack’s movements. He deserted his drums and approached behind me. I glanced in the mirror as his strong hands wrapped around my forearms and began smearing my speckles of paint. With slow motion movements, Jack slid his hands up and down my arms, blending the rainbow of colors. I relaxed my body into him until I could feel his firm muscles support me and his warm breath caressed my neck.

“Here, let me help you get the beat.” Jack intertwined his hands with mine and began hitting the bongos to the base beat.

Stopping our hands and holding them firm to the drum, Jack placed his moist lips against my neck, kissed me, and whispered, “I think I’m ready for AC/DC.”

Intentionally rubbing against him to squirm away from his grasp, I turned and faced Jack. “Okay, I got the beat. Head back to your own drums.”

Jack gave me a sly smirk. “Enough lessons for today. How about we head to the shower─the same shower.”

Feeling exhausted, but exhilarated after pounding out frustration, job stress, sorrow for my sister, life scars, and sexual tension, Jack and I headed for the shower, and our future together.


Bolt Action is available now with
Champagne Books!
Pick it up in paperback here or ebook here!

***CONTEST*** One lucky commenter will win a ebook copy of Bolt Action!
You must leave your email addy to qualify.
Winner will be announced Wednesday, Sept. 29th.



Curious about Victoria Roder? Check out her website: www.victoriaroder.com

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview, Nichelle. You've been great to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful book,fantastic author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure, Victoria! Wishing you much success with this book and all your other writing endeavors!

    :0)

    Thanks for stopping by, tealady3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book sounds interesting. I liked hearing how you came up with the names of the heroine and hero.

    andrea.infinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping in. I think picking names for characters is very important. I chose Hope for the heroine in The Dream House Visions and Nightmares, because it represented overcoming her past and having hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria has selected a winner for
    Bolt Action!
    And the winner is...
    *drum roll*

    ANDREA!!!

    Congratulations, Andrea, Victoria will be contacting you shortly. I want to thank all of you for stopping by and participating!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PPUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRR FOR YOU BOTH!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...