Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Ansley Vaughan!

NG: I’m welcoming author Ansley Vaughan today on Simply Sexy Stories and Happy New Year! Are there any resolutions pertaining to your writing that you'd like to share?

AV: I’d like to write in a more disciplined manner. At the moment, if I get the bit between my teeth, I’ll sit up all night hammering away at the computer. Then I can go for days without being visited by inspiration. It would be good to write for a regular number of hours every day.

NG: What do you enjoy the most about being a writer?

AV: I love it when a character forms in my head, then walks onto the page and takes over. I like waking up in the middle of the night with a particularly knotty piece of plot mysteriously slotting into place. And it gives me enormous pleasure when someone genuinely enjoys my writing – that’s the whole point, after all!

NG: What genre(s) do you write and why?

AV: As Ansley Vaughan I write adventure stories with a strong erotic content, both heterosexual and gay. I write the sort of stories I like to read myself, with exciting, demanding plots and the kind of sex that makes you tingle.

NG: How would you describe your writing process?

AV: Chaotic! Ideas come to me at odd times, and I scribble words, sentences and snatches of conversation on any available piece of paper. When I get a new idea I let it percolate for a while, until something tells me it’s brewed. Then I usually sit down and write and write until it’s all there. Once I start, I write very fast.

NG: What's the one thing you wished you had known about the publishing world before you got into the biz?

AV: You have to be very determined. It’s no good having a thin skin. When you submit a novel and have it turned down, it really is a question of picking yourself up, dusting yourself down and starting all over again. Also, to accept the advice of editors you trust. However painful, they’re usually right!

NG: Any advice you’d like to share with aspiring authors?

AV: Listen to your own voice. It’s your story, and on the whole I’d say tell it the way you want. But once it’s written, get into the habit of reading and rereading with the eye of an editor or a proof-reader. You’re more likely to be successful if your manuscript is shorn of clumsy and ungrammatical phrasing.

NG: Great tips, Ansley! What are you working on for 2011?

AV: I’m aiming to finish an M/M novel set in England and Italy at the end of the 19th century. And I’m working on a contemporary comedy set in an English country home, and on a dramatic adventure that takes place in France.

NG: Let's talk about your sizzling new release, The Wedding of the Wolf. What's this story about?

AV: It’s about cool, elegant Eloise Lambert who’s planning a wedding at a run-down castle in Tuscany. She’s tired of being well-behaved and respectable and unhappy with her self-absorbed actor boyfriend. At the castle she’s thrown together with the Conte, a disreputable but devastatingly attractive musician who’s attempting to save the place and keep his disruptive young family under control. Eloise gets drawn into a world of police spies and Mafia activity and involved in an ancient and sexually charged ritual -- after which she never has to worry about being respectable again.

NG: Ooo la la! What inspired you to pen this sexy tale?

AV: It first came into my head when I went to the wedding of some friends in Italy – nothing like this one, I hasten to add. And it bubbled away. I love the hero of this book, because he’s flawed and badly behaved, but quite irresistible.

NG: What’s the one thing readers can always count on when they pick up a book written by you?

AV: There’s always a strong story. Lots of sex but firmly in context. Powerful emotional motivation. And a dawning, growing relationship. My protagonists go through a lot before they reach their happy ending!

NG: All the components of a great erotic romance! Ansley, thank you so much for stopping by Simply Sexy Stories!
Blurb:
When Eloise Lambert agrees to plan a society wedding in Italy for her old school friend, she’s quite unprepared for the complications. There’s the red tape, the bride’s interfering mother and the fact that the groom is rather less than willing. Add to that the problems she encounters with the owner of the castle where the wedding is taking place, the handsome but bad-tempered Count, her relationship with his difficult young family and the distractions of her actor boyfriend, a watchful and attractive British police agent and a lustful Mafia godfather.

Eloise’s emotions, and her sexual desires, are challenged and exercised as never before. Then she’s drawn into re-enacting an ancient ritual, The Wedding of the Wolf, which makes the choices she has to make even more difficult and winds up the sexual tension to almost unbearable levels.

Caution! Scorching Excerpt Below:
“Lola.” He said no more, just stared at her. Then he moved towards her with a feline grace that was almost menacing. “Would you like to know what I’m going to do to you?”

She made a sound that emerged as a whimper.

Standing right in front of her now he ran his fingers through her hair, letting it fall back onto her bare shoulder. “I like your hair like this. But we don’t really need the dress, do we?” He reached behind her, finding the zip with practiced ease and drawing it down. He pulled the garment over her head, his mouth forming a soundless whistle as he saw the underwear. “At last, I get to see the famous bra and panties. Very nice. Turn round for me.”

She revolved slowly on her high green heels. There was an audible intake of breath. “Altogether delightful. I rather missed the subtleties last time. Mmmm. And do I take it this outfit is still…virgin?”

“Yes.” The word came out as little more than a breath. He ran a finger between her legs, not saying anything, then held it up between them, the moisture on it clearly apparent.

“Well, I want to get the full benefit from this lovely lingerie before I take it off you. Then I’m going to masturbate you until you come. And watch you. Because I want to see that moment, that glorious instant, when your cool, well-mannered, good-girl expression gets chased away. The moment you realise you can’t hold out against your baser instincts any longer and your eyes suddenly glaze over with lust and the knowledge of dark and dirty things to come.”

She swayed on her heels, her eyes closed. She was so aroused she thought the throbbing of her vulva must be visible to him.

He curved his hands around her breasts, running his thumbs across the straining nipples. Scooping one globe out of its lacy nest he lowered his tongue to her overheated flesh. She shook as he drew the hard bud into his mouth and repeated the action with her other breast.

He began to kiss her throat, nuzzling her long neck as his hands worked expertly to unfasten the bra.
“You smell of honey,” he said, then stepped back, glancing at the scrap of green and purple lace in his hand. “I love this. You must have been thinking about me when you bought it.”

He gave her a wicked grin, but she was too far gone to care. He reached for the bows that held the little panties in position.

“I’ve dreamed about this,” he said.

“And so have I.”


The Wedding of the Wolf is available
with Total E-Bound Publishing!
Curious about Ansley Vaughan?
Check out her website: ansleyvaughan.co.uk &
blog: http://ansleyvaughan.blogspot.com/
***BOOK GIVE-AWAY!!***
One lucky commenter will receive
The Wedding of the Wolf!
Leave your email addy to qualify...
and good luck!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this! You're a new author for me, Ansley and I look forward to more of your work. I really like the cover of the book also. Well done!

    flowerchild@sky.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Dania,

    The cover is so gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this one to come out, and will be buying it shortly. Very good interview, and I love to hear from authors who promise a full story, with the romance and sex integrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the cover is lovely. I'm really looking forward to reading this one, Ansley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the idea that your writing problems mysteriously solve themselves while you're asleep. ;)

    The book sounds like great fun and I can't wait for the print version to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all who read the interview, especially those who left a comment. Yes it is a gorgeous cover! I hope you enjoy the book.
    Ansley Vaughan
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Jennifer, Sharon, Tara and Fiona! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally forgot to announce the winner of The Wedding of the Wolf is Dania! Dania, my apologies! I hope you're already enjoying Ansley's book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...