Monday, May 16, 2011

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Shay Maclean!

NG: I’m welcoming author Shay MacLean on Simply Sexy Stories! Hi, Shay! What are you reading right now?

SM: Forbidden by Em Petrova.

NG: What draws you to erotic romantic novels?

SM: That you can touch on topics that in a regular romance most people would shy away from.

NG: Are there any particular authors you enjoy reading or that have influenced your writing?

SM: Quite a few actually. Of the top of my head there’s Angela Knight, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jo Berverly, Janet Chapman.

NG: How did you celebrate the news of your first book being published?

SM: Well after shouting it out to my immediate family, I called all of my family back in the States (I’m living in Australia at the moment) and then my husband and kids took me out to dinner.

NG: Nice! What's the one thing you wished someone had of told you about the publishing biz before you became an author?

SM: I wish someone had told me more about promoting and marketing.

NG: I know, right? Crazy! What are you working on for the 2011?

SM: For 2011, I’ve just gotten word that my novella, Branded, a romantic bondage tale has been contracted by Sizzler Editions. I’m almost finished with the sequel to Shooting Stars. It’s called Falling Star and is the rest of the story for the characters in Shooting Stars. Oh, and I’m working on getting the first in my sci-fi/paranormal series ready to pitch.

NG: Let's talk about your latest release, Shooting Stars! What's this erotic romance all about?

SM: It’s the story behind Dr. Willa Brock’s decision to get a tramp stamp.

NG: What inspired you to pen this sexy tale?

SM: I saw a call for submission on Savvy Authors.

NG: What did you 'see' more clearly in this book...the setting or characters?

SM: I think I definitely saw Willa clearest after that I saw her in the setting of being in college working toward becoming a doctor.

NG: Were there any creative challenges faced and conquered before you wrote, 'The End'?

SM: For Shooting Stars, no. For other stories that I have finished recently, yes. I have four kids and finding the right balance for writing and spending time/caring for them is proving to be a constant struggle. Eventually I’ll get the hang of it.

NG: Balancing family life and writing is very tough, indeed! Describe the heroine and hero in three words.

SM: Willa- intelligent, spunky, fun and Schyler- charming, handsome, perceptive

NG: Give me three reasons readers will love Shooting Stars.

SM:
1) It’s a quick read.
2) The characters (IMHO) are very well rounded. Something that I have found not every author can do in less than 5k words.
3) The very sexy hero in Schyler and how he sweeps Willa off her feet. What’s not to love about that!

NG: Shay, thank you so much for stopping by Simply Sexy Stories!
Blurb: Dr. Wilhemina Brock prides herself on her ability to keep her private life with her husband Schyler just that – private. But when Keenan, the new nurse on staff, catches a glimpse of her tramp stamp, she’s coerced into spilling the story behind it, revealing how she broke the student-professor boundaries and hooked her husband.

Caution! Super Sexy Excerpt Below:
Dr. Wilhemina Brock glanced in the mirror on the door of her locker. She frowned at the tight braid she'd twisted it into that morning. She reached up and released the clip holding it in place then shook out her long raven tresses. Soft wispy locks curled around her shoulders, sending shivers of pleasure dancing on her skin. Much better. Smiling to herself she grabbed her black t-shirt and started to pull it over her head.

A whistle sounded from the door. “Damn, that’s sexy.” A very masculine voice said.

Willa spun around, tugging the hem of her shirt into place. Keenan Fergason. The newest addition to the nursing staff. His muscular build, rugged features, reddish brown hair and sparkling green eyes had everyone lusting after him. She could feel the blush that stained her cheeks at his continued appraisal of her. “I don’t know what you're talking about, Keenan. I’ve gotta run. I’m meeting Schy for dinner in half an hour.” She reached up to stuff her lab coat into her locker and felt the bottom of her shirt raise above her low cut jeans.

“I’m not letting you leave here until you give me the dirt on that sexy tramp stamp you’re sporting there, Dr. Willa,” Kee said.

She glanced over in time to see him wiggle his eyebrows as he said the words tramp stamp. Shit. Just what she needed. News of her guilty pleasure traveling all over the hospital as she was finishing up her residency.

Curious about Shay Maclean?
Check out her website: www.shaymaclean.com
and blog:
http://scorchedsheets.blogspot.com/
Connect with Shay via Twitter!

Buy links for Shooting Stars:
Dreams N Fantasies
Wicked Ink Press


Author Info

Shay has been writing most of her life. As a teenager, she focused mainly on poetry, but still dabbled in writing short stories. She didn't find her niche though until she started listening to the characters in her head whispering about the dark and sensual worlds to be explored in erotic romance. Now when she's not engrossed in a great read, she listens intently when her muse murmurs seductively in her ear. She also enjoys photography and graphic design. And although she isn’t an artist by any means she designed the tattoo featured in Shooting Stars. When she’s not writing she enjoys reading and spending time with her family.

You can contact her at shay@shaymaclean.com or on her Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...