Monday, June 6, 2011

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes K.T. Bishop!

NG: I’m welcoming author KT Bishop on Simply Sexy Stories! Hi, KT!

KT: Hello Nichelle, how are you? I'm glad to be here!

NG: I'm glad to have you! What are you reading right now?

KT: A variety of things. Beth Kery's Wicked Burn and Sweet Restraint. Kate Angell's Sliding Home and Strike Zone.

NG: What genre(s) do you write and why?

KT: Interracial/Multicultural Romance because those stories provide the most intrigue and excitement for me. You don't see enough of those books available at bookstores. I decided to write my own.

NG: My sentiments exactly! What draws you to erotic romantic novels?

KT: I love the different ways authors create at lovemaking. Everyone has a different approach. Learning how to write them is certainly an adventure I enjoy! Reading and writing Erotic scenes certainly can't help with your personal life (laughs).

NG: *g* Are there any particular authors you enjoy reading or that have influenced your writing?

KT: Since I write Sports romances, I am usually into those kinds of authors. Pamela Britton and her NASCAR line at Harlequin! Carly Phillips' Hot zone series. Kate Angell and Joanne Rock wrote some baseball romances I thought were really good! I had the opportunity to chat with all four tremendously talented authors over the past few years and each gave me great advice!

NG: That's so cool! Describe your writing process...are you a careful plotter or laid back pantster?

KT: During my earlier days, I wrote like someone who had to take a airplane flight in a few hours. It was all rush, rush,rush. Now, I take my time and plan out each scene and chapter. Guess you can say I evolved into a careful plotter.

NG: Has your writing process changed since your first book was published?

KT: When I look at my first two books and manuscripts I submitted, the transformation has been night and day. I've been very careful with Head-hops and POV's. Even so conscientious that I send a chapter to people, making sure I don't head hop!

NG: What are you working on for the 2011?

KT: I have five books slated for release by year's end. I have a 3-book Love Holiday series with Red Rose Publishing, which will likely come out between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve! Cougar Anthology will be released this year at Rebel Ink, as will a Claw Mark anthology by them in November. Exciting times for me are ahead!

NG: Exciting indeed! Let's talk about your latest sizzler, Curling Up. In five sentences or less, share what Curling Up is about.

KT: A unlikely tale of romance at the Winter Olympics between a black Curler and Swedish Ice skater. They start out hating each other and you know what happens after that? Opposites attract.

NG: Of course they do! What inspired you to pen this sexy tale?

KT: Figured the Olympics would create plenty of romance stories, especially when people from different cultures collide.

NG: Which movie stars would accurately portray your main characters?

KT: Amanda Bynes (hope she can learn to speak Sweden) and Wesley Jonathan, the two stars from What I like about you, the TV show!

NG: Nice! If you had to add a song/soundtrack to your manuscript what would it be?

KT: A song from the 80's, Roxette's “Listen to Your Heart.”

NG: Were there any creative challenges faced and conquered before you wrote, 'The End'?

KT: At the beginning, I had the alpha male as a gymnast to contrast the skater called “Feel the Fire.” It got rejected. I had help from a fellow author, who suggested a complete rewrite. I did, and made the male a curler. Hence, the title Curling Up. It got accepted and became a mild hit!

NG: Give me three reasons readers will love Curling Up.

KT: It's a classic story of Opposites attract, which always works in romantic novels. The adventures that lead them to the point of romance. I always give readers satisfaction.

NG: What's the one thing readers can always count on when picking up one of your books?

KT: There's always a happy ever after!

NG: It was a pleasure having you on Simply Sexy Stories, KT!

KT: I was glad to be here, Nichelle. I hope to come back later this summer and talk about my releases at Rebel Ink Press.

NG: When you're ready, just let me know!

Blurb: Robin Friesz skipped college to take a radio gig in Canada. He walked into a drug raid in Toronto. The charges were eventually dropped. He was befriended by a Lawn care owner who harnessed his skills as a Curler. He worked his way on the American curling team. Inga Johan found herself out of work as her TV series was cancelled in Sweden. She re-discovered the world of figure skating and beat out a talented squad to make the Olympic team.

Caution! Scintillating Excerpt Below:
Cupid unexpectedly shot an arrow through Robin's heart at the Toronto International Airport.

Rather than wait for his suitcase to come around off the revolving rack, he impatiently tried to retrieve it himself. He hopped onto the fast-running machine, slipped off, stumbled and landed right on top of a strange woman walking by.

He heard a scream in an accented female voice, and felt a hard bite on his left arm. "I've been attacked, what the hell's going on?"

Robin bounced backward and noticed a beautiful blonde with a huge frown, lying on the red carpeted floor. Her red shirt was covered in dark chocolate from a broken box of squashed candy. He smiled at her, feeling his heartbeat rapidly accelerate. After staring into her green eyes for several seconds, she had turned him into a smitten and mesmerized puppet. He stuttered, rubbing his sore arm, "I-I am so sorry."

She slapped his right hand, refusing to let him pick her up. "Are you allowed to walk in public? If so, they should lock you up and throw away the key!"

He continued to smile and ignoring the insult, handed her a towel. She snatched the long piece of cloth to remove the candy stain. Robin offered to pay for the candy. "Let me buy you another box," he said, motioning to the ruined one, "it's the least I can do."

She cleaned up and threw the towel in his face. "That candy cost more than your whole wardrobe, and it's from another country."

She left him breathless. Robin looked her over as she left the building. He marveled at her ass as it wiggled in those tight, light-colored blue jeans. She captured his heart, and he screamed out: "You're the most beautiful woman in the world! You'll be mine someday."

Curling Up is available now with
Red Rose Publishing!
Buy Here!

Author Bio
K.T. Bishop is an author of Sport Romance, Interracial and Multicultural. A lifelong Southerner, he grew up in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Aside from family, friends and writing books, he loves rooting for the Alabama Crimson Tide. He has nine books under contract.

Curious about K.T. Bishop?
Visit his website: www.ktbishop.webs.com and
blog: www.kenibird.blogspot.com

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me. It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, K.T.! I wish you the best with this and all future releases! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love sports figures and I look forward to reading about them in romance. Your excerpt is intriguing, K. T. Also big Olympics fan. Looks like I'm going to be curling up with "Curling Up". Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the new releases this year- that is awesome- and a great interview
    Dawne P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! I love multicultural stories. And the excerpt was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great interview and congratulations on your new release! I hope it does well for you.I loved the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on all the books you have coming out. You're going to be very busy! I enjoy opposite attracts stories, so I'm sure Curling Up will be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview! sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview, K.T. Congratulations on all the books you have slated for release this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview and nice excerpt!


    Avril*dunno why blogger refuses to sign me in :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you think if I throw myeslf on the airport floor, someone will tell me I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. Sigh. Nice interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi K.T.,
    I've noticed a growing curve in your writing. Good luck with your new releases.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogger is acting nuts today! I thank all of you for stopping by today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Excerpt! And I enjoyed your interview. You have a lot of good things happening to you! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the excerpt and I can't wait to read Curling Up. It's in my tbr pile. I also enjoy Carly Phillips Hot Zone series. Nice to get to know you better K.T.!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic interview and I think I learned a few things about you I didn't know. Like you've changed your writing style away from "rush, rush, rush". All the best success with all your writing endeavors, fictional and sports related. Maybe Bama will go the National Championship this year and you'll get to cover it! And, maybe if that happens, we'll finally get to meet.

    Roll Tide Roll, my friend!

    Huggles,
    Gracen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi KT,

    Finally got round to stopping by. Loved hearing more about you and your work and I loved the interview.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you everyone for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...