Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes J.S. Wayne!

NG: I'm thrilled to welcome J.S. Wayne today on Simply Sexy Stories! Hi, J.S.!

JS: Hi, Nichelle! Thank you so much for having me here today!

NG: What are you reading this summer?

JS: My summer’s been pretty well consumed with writing and working, but in the rare moments when I do manage to get away, I’ve been reading a lot of my fellow erotic romance authors: H.C. Brown, KevaD, K.B. Cutter, R. Renee Vickers, Elaina Lee and Sarah Balance. The Dresden Files, though, has a permanent place on my “go-to” list for pleasure reading; I’m always finding something new there.

NG: Nice! Care to share some of your favorite authors?

JS: Jim Butcher, Dean Koontz, and Kim Harrison are long-time favorites of mine, but I keep acquiring new ones at a frightening pace. My bank account will NEVER keep pace with my TBR list, even if I win the Lotto!

NG: Ha! I can relate to that. It's summertime! Do you prefer lemonade or iced tea?

JS: Iced tea, naturally…preferably of the Long Island variety ;)

NG: Mmm...that'd be my tea of choice too, J.S. Do you prefer summer kisses or snuggling by the fire as the snow falls?

JS: Summer kisses, always! Cold and snow…blech. Besides, in winter you’ve got all those extra layers to take off!

NG: Taking off layers can be fun though. :-) Okay, let's talk about your writing. What genre(s) do you write and why?

JS: It’d almost be easier to tell you what I DON’T write! Paranormal erotic romance, urban fantasy, and horror are my favorites to write, though: I love the way I can mix and match genres to create a smoldering, sexy read that will still scare the hell out of my reader!

NG: What draws you to erotic romantic novels?

JS: Everyone appreciates a happily ever after. I’m no exception. Even if I like the idea of putting my characters through hell, I still want to see them wind up happy. Erotic romance offers the best of both worlds, to my mind: sensuality and explicit sex coupled with a good story that could fit into any number of other genres. I started writing erotic romance by accident, but if the response I’ve received is anything to judge by, I’m doing something right. And if it ain’t broke, why fix it? :)

NG: Is there any particular word or thing in erotic romance novels that you dislike as a reader?

JS: The phrase I dislike most intensely is “make love.” (This, despite the fact that I’m sure no less than fifteen of my readers just sat bolt upright and said, “HEY!!! He said that in his last story…” For something that should be thunder and lightning, it just seems like such a saccharine expression to me. If I say “make love” in one of my stories, it’s either because the character is more, erm, reserved about their sexuality, or because ACTUAL lovemaking (as opposed to a hot, sweaty romp between the sheets) has occurred or is occurring.

NG: Describe your writing process...are you a careful plotter or laid back pantster?

JS: It really depends on what I’m writing. For most stories, I have a general idea of where I’m going, but it’s just as much a voyage of discovery for me as the story is for my readers. On Wail, though, I was a total plot Nazi, complete with jackboots and a swagger stick, snarling at my characters as I brandished the outline: “At ziss time you vill be HERE, doink ZISS!” *Slams swagger stick against floor* “FOCUS!!” I guess my approach depends on how long I give myself to plan my writing; in most cases, I don’t give myself more than a couple of days to get the major plot points in order, whereas with Wail, I spent almost a month getting ready to start writing it!

NG: Has your writing process changed since your first book was published?

JS: Most definitely! I’m a lot more aware of little nuances that didn’t even register with me before. The result is much more polished, refined work that I think my readers will appreciate.

NG: What are you working on now?

JS: Oh, God. My list of works-in-progress seems to be expanding geometrically!

First, I’m working on a novella for the November Noble Romance Blog Tour. I’ve got a 15,000 word Halloween short I’m working on for Astraea Press, tentatively entitled “Resurrection Mary.” I’m working on the sequel to Angels Cry, Angel of Death; Aquus, a story about the new god of the sea falling in love with a mortal woman and the first in an envisioned trilogy; the sequel to Shadowphoenix: Requiem, Requiescat; and an erotic romantic fantasy comedy entitled Once A Knight’s Enough, plus a dark erotic novel with the working title Sinner, about a succubus and a cop who wind up in lust.

NG: Oh, my, you are a busy man! Let's talk about your latest release, Angels Cry. What's this story all about?

JS: Angels Cry continues the story arc that I started with Angels Would Fall and Angel Of The Morning. Moradiel and Ariel are on the run from the Angel of Death, Azrael. They go to ground in Las Vegas, Nevada…only to learn that having the Angel of Death on their heels is NOT the worst things can get!

NG: What inspired you to pen this sexy tale?

JS: My inner editor held a gun to my head and made a rabid plot bunny chew on my schlong until I sat down and wrote it!

In all seriousness, after I finished Angels Would Fall, I felt pretty good about it. The story felt like good mental chocolate to me: just the right balance of sweet and dark. But there was something niggling at me; there was just something missing. So I wrote Angel Of The Morning. Sweeter, and it gave a better view of just how serious Moradiel’s transgression was. But there was still something missing.

So I started writing another short, and I ran into trouble: No matter how hard I tried, I simply couldn’t make the short gel into something that I wanted to read. Part of the problem was that I kept getting more, and more, and more ideas. My original plan was to do a series of short stories, but when I ran into the stumbling block, I asked my editor what he thought. He said, “So just write the novel. You’re going to anyway!”

And I’m STILL not done! *headdesk*

NG: lol. Give me three reasons readers will love Angels Cry.

JS: Sexy angels who also kick wholesale ass. A villain who is beyond terrifying. And a desperate struggle to survive. Just my own personal opinion, but anyone who doesn’t love that should have their pulse checked!

NG: What's the one thing readers can always count on when picking up one of your books?

JS: Heh. This is a J.S. Wayne novel. No matter what genre I write in, I love throwing in a heavy dose of “NO HE DIDN’T!” at a critical moment. Expect the unexpected!

NG: J.S., thank you so much for stopping by Simply Sexy Stories! I wish you the best with this and all future endeavors!

JS: Thank you for having me today! Before I go, I believe you asked for some sexy…and it’s your lucky day! This is an unedited excerpt, so there may be some significant changes in the publication version. I hope y’all enjoy it!

Blurb: Moradiel, the Soulbearer, and his human consort, Ariel, are barely managing to stay ahead of the wrath of the Angel of Death. Azrael is growing more impatient by the moment; he wants Moradiel punished and Ariel dead once and for all, and is not particular about how it comes about. Moradiel’s fellow angels will offer him only limited aid, if they don’t try to kill him outright. In desperation, the fugitives seek refuge in the last place in Creation any sane being would look for an angel: Sin City. Las Vegas, Nevada.

Maddened by Moradiel’s defection from the heavenly Host, Azrael isn’t sane. When he arrives in Sin City to exact vengeance on Moradiel, he leaves Moradiel with a chilling warning: He intends to use Ariel for his own twisted pleasure before consigning her soul to Infernos.

Now, an unlikely band of humans and angels must come together to reunite Ariel’s body and soul. But even darker news awaits them: Because Ariel did not die at the ordained time, Moradiel has started the entire universe on an inexorable countdown to oblivion.

A countdown that began with the first breath Ariel ever drew on Earth. . . .

Caution! Super Sexy Excerpt Below:
Shenophiel was beginning to get worried. La’Kwai had been unconscious for so long that the night had faded into a bright morning and then a golden afternoon. His pulse had remained steady and strong, which was the only reason she hadn’t panicked and transported him to the nearest hospital.

The healing had gone well. La’Kwai had been extremely fortunate that the bullet had passed cleanly between the bones in his shoulder without chipping them as it went. He lost a fair amount of blood, but the bullet had also managed to miss major blood vessels on its way through. Shenophiel had spent nearly an hour healing the damage, an almost unprecedented amount of time for her.

Part of the trouble was that she had been forced to endure the pain that shock had allowed him to sleep through as if it were her own. It was such an alien and unpleasant feeling that she nearly gave up several times. As it was, he would sport a tiny dimple in the flesh of his upper left arm for the rest of his life. In less technologically-sophisticated but no less violent times, he would have been hailed as a hero for possessing such a scar. Now, he would probably wear long-sleeved shirts for years to avoid the reminder.

He lay in a stream of sunlight. Dust motes danced and shimmered in the beams that shone through the large floor-to-ceiling windows. The golden light mellowed the darkness of his skin, giving it the warmth of mahogany. After she had ministered to his wound, Shenophiel had stripped off his blood-soaked clothing, leaving him clean, naked, and magnificent on the bed. Only then had she noticed the state of her own attire; with a disgusted grimace, she had waved her hand and sublimated her own gory clothes.

She understood the basic function of a washer and dryer, but had never needed to learn to operate one. So she settled for laying down a plastic garbage bag and setting the bloody cloth on top of it. She then sat down on the bed beside him carefully so as not to disturb him, and watched him as he slept his way through the trauma the bullet had inflicted.

Shen's eyes roved over his face and torso; his mere size would be enough to intimidate most people. The fact that the gangsters had not been deterred spoke only to the fact that they had been overconfident in their numbers and weapons. They hadn't reckoned on her. It was telling, though, that La'Kwai had turned to run rather than standing and fighting. His gentle nature prohibited such direct action unless he truly had no choice, as she knew well.

His hands were the first things she truly noticed. For such a large man, they were long and delicate, perfectly suited to his preferred task of bending guitar strings. She picked one hand up and studied it minutely, as though the fact that he had five fingers was a miracle. The nails were immaculate and well-trimmed, and although the pads of his fingers were rough with calluses, Shenophiel did not find that a deterrent at all. In fact, she found to her surprise that she quite enjoyed the contrast in texture between his palm and fingertips when she experimentally drew one of her fingers between the two points.

Setting the hand down gently, she allowed her gaze to travel up his uninjured arm to his face. It struck her as odd that although he’d been shot, he wore a small grin as he slept. The carefully groomed whiskers of his goatee didn’t detract one iota from his handsome appearance; if anything, the facial hair only seemed to enhance his strong chin. He had the hint of a five o’clock shadow, but that was only to be expected. Above that, his eyelids twitched occasionally, but his forehead was smooth beneath his close-cropped, tightly curling hair.

She ran her eyes down to his chest, which rose and fell with a slow, even rhythm. The nipples were small and dark, peeking out from a hedge of hair. Curious, she reached out a hand and smoothed it over the springy mass. The curls proved much more yielding than they looked, and she smiled at the feeling as they brushed against her palm. Then she looked lower.

Running from his chest over his flat stomach, the thick hair arrowed down to just above his limp cock as if pointing the way. Despite the fact that he was flaccid, he was very well-endowed. Below his slumbering manhood, his scrotum hung loose and full. A full but groomed pubic thatch framed the enticing picture.

She let her eyes travel down his thickly muscled legs, which were covered with the lightest sprinkling of peach fuzz, to his toes. His feet were as large as the rest of him, and she wondered at the idea that she could possibly think that his feet were in any way erotic. Then again, she reflected, they looked as soft and well-cared-for as any other part of his body. Tentatively, she reached out and touched the top of his foot, finding to her delight that his skin was, indeed, as soft as it appeared. Laying her hand atop the arch of his foot, she began to lightly stroke her way up his leg. As she went, she noted and delighted in the different textures and sensations she encountered. Finally, her hand lay, ever so gently, at the top of his thigh, so close that she could feel the warmth from his groin.

I’ve already come this far, she thought. Why not find out how that feels, too? Hesitantly, she bridged the last inch between her fingertips and his cock with a feathery touch.

To her delight, away from the coarse frame of hair, his cock felt like warm satin against her skin. It twitched slightly as she grazed her fingers over the crown, learning every inch of him. Then her hand closed softly around the shaft, and she closed her eyes to better assimilate the new stimulus as she felt him stir and pulse faintly in the soft cup of her palm. She moved her hand slowly down him until her hand rested on his balls, forming around them as she enjoyed the forbidden feeling of touching mortal flesh so intimately.

So this is what Moradiel meant, Shenophiel realized. There really is nothing like it.


Angels Cry will be available September 12th with Noble Romance, but you don't have to wait to experience J.S. Wayne's sexy storytelling! 


Click the covers to purchase and read more!




Author Bio:
Born in Amarillo, Texas, J.S. Wayne has lived, worked, or traveled in approximately two thirds of the North American continent and has amassed a resume that could kindly be described as “eclectic.” He currently resides in the Texas Panhandle with his wife, Erin, and his puppies, Munchkin and Thor. In his laughably sparse spare time, he enjoys reading, scary movies, strategy games, and collecting obsolete weapons. He is currently hard at work on a host of work-in-progress novels, short stories, and poetry, including the sequel to Requiem, Requiescat.

His currently available projects include Shadowphoenix: Requiem; "Angels Would Fall," "Angel Of The Morning," and, as part of the Red Roses and Shattered Glass anthology of dark erotica, "Espiritu Sancti," as well as the forthcoming Angels Cry and Wail. With the exception of Shadowphoenix: Requiem and Wail, all of these stories and novels are or will be available from Noble Romance Publishing.


Curious about J.S. Wayne? Check out his website: http://www.wix.com/jswaynesite/herebemonsters

15 comments:

  1. I expected nothing less than brilliant from JS and Nichelle; the interview was fun and the excerpt was beyond sexy! Gotta get me some of that La Kwai! Good job you two! Adding your angels to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning J.s. Your energy always astounds me and I wish you endless success. I do hope in the future that you stop coloring your schlong orange...the plot bunnies might not be so inclined to chew away. LOL See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Interview. My TBR pile just grew some more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant interview and JS, you are one funny mother-F%#cker!

    Hey, you color your schlong orange? Cool. I dip mine in chartreuse.

    Angels Cry is MINE Sept 12th!!!

    Nichelle, your site is gorgeous! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Heather: Thank you! I hope you enjoy it...because what happens next just gets hotter :)

    @ Margie: NOT that it's anyone's business, but I had a torrid if short-lived affair with an Oompa-Loompa a while back. She didn't mention that she was allergic to chocolate...or that chocolate is the only cure for the yeast infection she got from the Pillsbury Doughboy. I think I gained twenty pounds in therapy, but I'm feeling MUCH better now ;)
    I can't wait for next week. Everything finally aligned the way I needed it to and I'm SO there :D See you then!

    @ Doris: Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

    @ KB: See above. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me :D I hear there's a chance you won't be able to make Vegas. We'll be sure to throw one back for ya! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Entertaining! As per your usual, you really do know how to drag us through anything you want by our noses. Nichelle, you did a great job, wonderful questions!

    I'm with Margie, you have unbelievable energy J.S. Keep up the good work!
    ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, Margie, Doris, KB, and museampoule, thanks so much for stopping by, commenting and complimenting my blog!

    J.S., you make me: :-)! Much needed, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You actually mentioned me by name, J.S., which makes it incredibly hard to remember anything else I was gonna say. Well, other than flattered. I was going to say that! The interview and excerpt were your usual shade of fantastic, although I've just been reminded I have a couple of reviews to write. (And for Nichelle also, which leaves me feeling like the proverbial cat in a room full of rocking chairs.) Loved this! (*slinks away, tail held high* - and when I say that, please remember the cat analogy ... otherwise it might sound disturbing).

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Renee: Thank you. My secret is Mountain Dew and nicotine; that's the ONLY way I could keep up! Glad you enjoyed it :D

    @ Nichelle: All kidding aside, thank you so much for having me here today! I had a lot of fun with your insightful questions!!

    @ Sarah: Wait...what? I'm talking about boinking Oompa-Loompas and rabid plot bunnies chewing on my manly bits, and you think THAT might be disturbing? /:) Thanks for dropping by...be sure to grab a biscuit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watching your rise as an author has been amazing...a real inspiration to me. I wish I could write as fast as you do LOL. The Muse hammering at you to write is the same for me too. I love the way your crazy personality comes through into your work. Your imagination is endless.
    Best of luck with the new release I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Heather: Thank you so much! I'm actually threatening to gag my Muse, tie her up in a dark broom closet, and take a week off and stare at the TV like everyone else :) Unfortunately, I've got a workload that resembles a three-car pileup; at this rate, I think I might be able to swing a day off sometime in 2015!
    I hope you like Angels Cry; I can't wait to see what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview and J.S. how do you keep so many different WIP rolling right along? Nichelle you have a very nice looking blog love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL tried that, and mine came up with a BDSM story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Michelle!
    The answer? It ain't easy. Sometimes I have to take a little time and walk away, and other times I can sit down and slam out 50,000 words a week. If I can ever get to a point where I can run out that kind of word count consistently, then I'll be satisfied. For now, though, I do what I can :)
    Thanks for coming by and hanging out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah, H.C., thanks for coming by! ;)

    Michelle, thanks for the blog love!

    Have a great weekend, everybody!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...