Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eat & Be Horny!

I'm trying to get my head back into my current WIP, but I'm distracted on so many levels. I'm right in the middle of a sexy scene involving food and my research for the perfect dinner menu brought me to the topic of aphrodisiac foods. How many can you list off the top of your head? 


You've got ten seconds...GO!


Bananas


Cherries


Strawberries


Mango...


If you named more than four in ten seconds you may be a closeted erotic romance writer! Ha ha! Anyways, I was surprised to find out about some foods that have been known to stir the libido. We all know that oysters and chocolate are considered aphrodisiac foods, but did you know that basil is known to stimulate desire and increase your heart rate? I didn't. Now, I'm understanding my love for Italian food! 
Foods with cinnamon, nutmeg and tarragon supposedly also get the juices flowing. Makes sense, I guess. Whenever I smell these spices, my senses are heightened. One deep breath of cinnamon and I'm envisioning a gorgeous man feeding me baked goods between kisses. C'mon, you see it in your mind too. 


Mmm hmm...takes the "have your dessert and eat it too," part to a whole other level!
I'm not into clams or oysters for that matter, but did you know the blow fish and conch are considered aphrodisiac foods as well? Well, I guess those names kinda give us a clue. :-)
Is it just me...or do all of these foods also evoke sexual images in your mind? Take another look. I'm not crazy. Shhh! Don't say anything. 


Thirsty? Coconut water is at the top of the list for a tasty drink guaranteed to get you in the mood! And we can't forget a glass of champagne. The bubbly gets the blood flowing in all the right places for lovin'. This one, I can definitely do!
A toast...to scrumptious foods that turn us on! 


May your next meal bring you all kinds of joy!


~NG


(Learn about more natural aphrodisiac foods here!)

2 comments:

  1. Damn, girl! I was doing all right until I read this post. Now I'm hungry and horny. Egads, I need a boo for about two-three days.

    Food is always an essential part of my stories. There's something about sharing a meal that I find stimulating.

    "LIKE" this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Just two-three days?? So glad you enjoyed my post, Amaya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...