Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Paige Turner!

NG: I'm excited to have Paige Turner on Simply Sexy Stories today! Hi, Paige! 

PT: Hi, Nichelle! Thanks for having me!

NG: It's a pleasure! What are you reading now, Paige?

PT: I’m doing a lot of research at the moment for an epic historical I have underway. But of course the beauty of being a writer is that you can read whatever you like and pretend you’re virtuously doing research!

NG: True! Care to share some of your favorite authors?

PT: I read a really wide range of genres, and non-fiction on all kinds of subjects, so that’s a difficult question to answer. But for my money, there’s no better comfort reading than Terry Pratchett, and even though I’ve read every one of his books several times, they still make me literally laugh out loud. For historical research, specifically for historicals set in England, I can heartily recommend Liza Picard’s series of books on London in different eras. As for erotic romance writers, I’m always open to suggestions for exciting new voices on the scene.

NG: Summer's gone and autumn is here! What's your favorite part of this season?

PT: I don’t get on with that big, hot, yellow ball that’s always in the sky in the summer, so I’ll be glad when the weather turns a bit cooler. Autumn is probably my favourite season – from those crisp, cold, golden autumn days you get, to the colours of the leaves, to Guy Fawkes’ Night and Hallowe’en. Hot chocolate! Hot chestnuts! Hot stories! ;-)

NG: Yes! Autumn is my fave season as well! Which would you rather do? Tumble in the leaves with your sweetie or snuggle by the fire as the snow falls?

PT: That’s another difficult one, but I’ll have to go with the leaves – if only because my sweetie tends to get a wicked glint in his eye and drop snow down the back of my neck!

NG: lol! Halloween is right around the corner...what would be your ultimate costume?

PT: I adore fancy dress. Absolutely love it. Last year I was Medusa, complete with snakes in my hair and a toga made from a bed sheet. I haven’t decided yet what I’ll be doing this year, but I’ll definitely be dressing up. And dragging as many people as possible into the madness with me! My sweetie and I might be going on a local ghost walk with a group of Steampunk friends, and if we do that I’ll have to step up my act – Steampunks always look fabulous.

NG: That sounds like so much fun and Medusa is one of my fave mythological creatures! Okay, let's talk about your writing. What genre(s) do you write and why?

PT: I’m just starting out as an erotic romance author, so at the moment I’m having lots of fun playing around with different settings and characters. I suppose you could say I’m finding my voice – and I’m having an enormous amount of fun doing it!

As a reader I particularly like historical romances and stories with elements of humour and whimsy, so I’m drawn to those genres as a writer. The genres you probably won’t see me writing are high fantasy and hard science fiction – but never say never!

My main problem is that I have too many ideas and not enough hours in the day!

NG: What draws you to erotic romantic novels?

PT: As I said, I like the scope of erotic romance – they can be set in the past or the future or another world entirely, can make you laugh or make you cry. If you want to write about space aliens or cowboys or vampires or accountants, you can! And at the end of the story, your characters always get a happily ever after.

NG: Is there any particular word or thing in erotic romance novels that you dislike as a reader?

PT: How many people answer this question with “moist”? Everybody seems to hate that word!

On the whole I dislike coy language in sex scenes – “nether lips” and “honeyed petals” and that sort of thing.

Now everyone can play an exciting game where they look for those phrases in my books – and probably find them. It’s much easier to criticise problems in other writers’ work than to notice and avoid them in your own!

NG: Describe your writing process...are you a careful plotter or laid back pantster?

PT: A little of both. For short stories and novellas, I tend to put together a “blurb” with a little information about the main characters, the setting, the central conflict, then start writing. It’s more like the blurb you’d find on the back of a book than an actual plot outline – in fact for Temporary Trouble I used my plotting blurb as my book blurb with very little tweaking. I find that longer stories need a bit more careful structuring, though.

NG: Has your writing process changed since your first book was published?

PT: I’ll tell you after my next release! Temporary Trouble was my first published erotic romance. My next project is going to be a much longer story, and because it’s an historical it will take a great deal more research. I’ve written historical romance before – Bone Idol, set during the Bone Wars of the late 1800s and the first of my Past Perfect series, is due out on the 12th of December. But this is something much more sweeping, with more characters and more firmly grounded in specific historical events rather than a general historical “background”.

NG: What are you working on now? 



PT: I’m busy with edits for Bone Idol and for Stone Cold, a film-noir inspired thriller that’s due out as part of Total-E-Bound’s 2012 Valentine’s Day collection Heart Attack. A World-Weary Gumshoe and the Dame who Done Him Wrong – such fun to write! 

NG: Nice! P.T. is here today to talk about her scorching new release, Temporary Trouble. 

PT: I’m so excited about the release of Temporary Trouble! It’s a great honour to join TEB’s stable of fabulous authors – not least you, of course, Nichelle!

NG: Aww! I feel the same way. TEB has amazing authors! So, in five sentences or less, share what Temporary Trouble is about.

PT: 1. Work can be awfully boring.

2. Practical jokes can liven things up.

3. But mixing work and play can land you in trouble…

4. …and naughty boys have to be punished.

5. Hooray, I managed it in four!

NG: Ha ha! What inspired you to pen this sexy tale?

PT: When I saw that Total-E-Bound were soliciting submissions for a collection about office hotties, all sorts of sexy scenarios sprang to mind! And as for it being a ménage story, well. Two’s company but three’s naughtier…and nicer! 


NG: Give me three reasons readers will love Temporary Trouble
PT: The reviews I’ve had so far agree that Temporary Trouble is funny as well as sexy, which delights me because that’s just what I was trying to achieve. It’s quite a fast-paced and lighthearted story with plenty of two- and three-way action. So, the three Fs – Fast and Funny with lots of…*ahem*…fun.

NG: What's the one thing readers can always count on when picking up one of your books?

PT: I’ve found that my stories include quite a lot of humour, whether it’s direct, like in Temporary Trouble, or much more subtle. For example, I’m collaborating on a horror story with fellow TEB author Amy Valenti. It’s certainly not laugh-out-loud funny, but underneath the grimness there are definitely elements of whimsy and playfulness. It seems to be a natural part of my writing voice.

On the other hand, I’ve actually managed to spook myself writing that story, so readers might find the humour quite well-hidden! 


NG: Paige, I wish you the best of luck with Temporary Trouble and all future releases! Thank you so much for coming on Simply Sexy Stories! 

Blurb: When jokes in work time turn into serious playtime.
For Ben and Aaron, bored of the same old temping assignments, playing practical jokes makes the job a bit less boring and keeps them out of more serious trouble…until their female boss catches Ben on the photocopier with his trousers down, and sees very clearly the sexual tension between the boys they haven’t quite admitted to themselves.

A good boss has to discipline her staff, and Ben has been a very naughty boy indeed. And what better job for her other temporary office boy, Aaron, than to help her administer the punishment Ben deserves?

Reader Advisory: This book shows naughty boys having their bottoms warmed and exploring each other’s sweet spots.

Caution! Super Erotic Excerpt Below:

Ben felt stupid over Aaron’s lap with his arse in the air, but he also felt restless and unbearably aroused. Aaron’s stiff cock twitched against his belly and he stifled a moan as the other man shifted beneath him. His ankles were constrained by his trousers and boxers, and as he was using his hands to support himself, he was left more or less completely helpless.

And Aaron—God help him, Aaron had dropped his hand onto his backside and was rubbing his cheek, playing his fingers over it in a way that sent shivers up and down his spine. He squeezed and caressed the flesh, his hot skin, damp with anxiety, a sensual contrast to the cool air of the office on Ben’s naked buttocks.

Ben could feel the blood rushing to his head as he lay there, but more than that it was pumping into his erection, making him longer and thicker, his arousal straining hard against Aaron’s thigh. The rough fabric of Aaron’s trousers felt unbearably good against his skin and he stretched and flexed, trying to ease some of his painful excitement. He curled his fingers into the rich, plush pile of the office carpet. The tension—the waiting—was killing him.

“Mr Jones.” Ms Kain’s voice was husky with desire. “Aaron. You are going to spank Ben. To punish him for being such a naughty boy.”

“Yes…” The raw need in Aaron’s voice was echoed in his own body.

“You do agree that he has been a naughty boy?”

“Yes…” Ben closed his eyes at the unspoken desire in that single word.

“You will give him what he deserves.”

“Yes…yes…”

Ben could feel Aaron’s juddering breaths through the whole of his body. His own breath was becoming erratic and elusive, difficult to catch.

“You will smack his arse five times. For the fire alarm.”

Aaron dug his fingers into Ben’s buttock, a desperate clutching that told Ben he was on the very edge.

“One,” said Ms Kain.

Aaron continued to clutch at Ben, his fingers all but spasming on his flesh.

“One,” Ms Kain repeated, and Ben heard a shuddering intake of breath and felt a light smack on the lower curve of his arse cheek. There was no pain—just a slight, tingling warmth that made him squirm and wriggle in Aaron’s lap.

“Two.”

The second blow was more assured, less hesitant. The warmth spread, running down Ben’s thighs and up to the base of his spine. He gasped and craned his head back, trying to see Aaron, trying to see Ms Kain, but he couldn’t. He let his head drop again, biting his lip. He kept his eyes on the carpet, but his gaze was barely focused. All his attention was on the sensations Aaron’s firm smacks were inflicting on his upturned rear.

“Three.”

This time it stung, and he gave a little cry of arousal—half pleasure, half pain. His dick ached, but he was essentially helpless, keeping himself precariously balanced with his hands while Aaron administered his punishment.

“Four.”

Was Aaron smacking him harder, or did the blows just seem harsher on his already sensitised skin? His skin was hot and tight, and he could almost feel the pink marks where Aaron’s cupped fingers had landed. He imagined a red handprint on his buttock—Aaron’s long, slender fingers branded onto his skin.

He heard a rustle of clothing, and he wondered if Ms Kain was touching herself, working those manicured fingers into her knickers as she watched. The thought kicked his heart into high gear. He heard her take a little, sharp intake of breath before she said, “Five.”

He braced himself for the blow, because he knew it was going to hurt…and it did. It stung, and started up a spreading, throbbing ache in the tender flesh of his bottom—but that just seemed to make him hotter and harder. He gasped and rolled off Aaron’s lap as Aaron stood. The pile of the carpet abraded his sore skin, and he laid on his back looking up as Aaron and Ms Kain fell into each other’s arms, their hungry gasps and moans going straight to his jutting cock. 


Temporary Trouble is available now with Total E-Bound!


Curious about Paige Turner?

Visit her blog: 

2 comments:

  1. Veeerrry nice excerpt :)

    And thanks for the Liza Picard rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel!:)

    The Liza Picard books are great research resources - enjoy!

    Paige x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...