Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Of Those Weeks...

I'm having one of those weeks when I can't seem to muster up enough creative energy to actually write the blogging topics floating around in my head along with characters yelling at me in frustration to finish the damn book I'm working on and get to their story.

That's what I'm trying to do. Finish this book that has been lingering in the WIP stage far longer than I'd like. I want to finish this book, so I can move on creatively in my head. I love this book, but it will always remind me of the moment in time my heart shattered in a kazillion pieces.

I can't believe it's already been three months since I've lost my mom. The days just go by and you have to just get up and go with it or lose yourself in sadness. Some days, I willingly choose to do the latter. I'm cutting myself some slack...lots of it, but it feels weird not to write and then it feels weird to write. I thought about putting this story away, but that's not my style. I must finish whatever I start and plus, I'm so so close to the end.

I'll will finish this book. I'm giving myself to the end of November to write 'The End.' I always work better with self-imposed deadlines.

I can't believe how fast time is flying! Are the holidays really right around the corner again??

The trees are shedding their leaves faster than the wind can carry them. I just saw the first snow flurries of the season this morning! Eeek!

Tomorrow is Friday, Veteran's Day here in the US and I'd like to take a moment and salute all of our veterans.
Your service to our country is immeasurable and very much appreciated!


I hope your week is winding down easy for you...


~Nichelle

4 comments:

  1. I know the days are streaming by, each one more
    beautiful than the next - and such pretty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Shauna! Fall is my favorite season too. Love all the colors! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This right here:

    "...along with characters yelling at me in frustration to finish the damn book I'm working on and get to their story."

    is the absolute, stone-cold, pure-D truth. You NAILED it. Sometimes the bickering in my head becomes a cacophonic migraine as characters slug it out over who gets to go next.

    My prayers continue to go out to you as you go through this holiday season without your mother. This is my fourth without mine and it has never been and will never be the same for me again. I don't mean that in a bad way; things are different now that she's gone, and I have to figure out new traditions to have.

    God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Amaya, you're about to make me cry. Thank you so much for the kind words and prayers. I truly appreciate your support and cyber friendship! I hope you have a great weekend and that we both get going on these WIP's we've got so those characters in our heads will finally shut up!! lol

    Nichelle ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...