Tuesday, December 6, 2011

At long last...~The End~

I'm paying the price right now for staying up to 2:30 in the morning, but I don't care because last night...well, earlier this morning, I finally wrote ~The End~ on my latest contemporary erotic romance!

I'm so excited. I'm far from done with this book, but just writing those two little words feels incredible after working on this story for over six months...six tumultuous months. I actually wondered if I could finish this book. After the summer I've had, I wasn't sure I wanted to, but I love this tale. I wanted to finish it for so many reasons. I'm also thrilled to feature my first full-figured heroine! I'm a curvy girl and I love reading stories about vivacious women who are unabashedly proud of their voluptuous bodies! 



You'll love this book...it has the perfect blend of passion and romance! And best of all...I'm one step closer to submitting it! So, share a toast with me...I'm celebrating the fact that these characters finally got their happy ending! 


Now, for the first set of edits!


I actually like this part...going back to the beginning, getting wrapped up in letting the story and the characters all over again. I love filling in those little details, adding those final touches that bring the story fully to life. At 40K, this is one of my longer works. I'm thinking it'll round out around 50K by the time I get really finished with it.

Hopefully, I can finish my edits by the end of the year. 


I know. The holidays are going to put a serious dent in those plans. That's okay. I'm not gonna rush it. This story

I hope your week is going well!

Don't forget to enter my Birthday Bash contest! You can find all the details on how to win any three of my titles by clicking the cupcake in the upper right hand corner!

xoxo,

~Nichelle

1 comment:

  1. Girl I hear you! I just finished the first draft in the first book of my epic sci-fi fantasy series. I've been working on it for about 18 months, and it was a relief to write the word "finire." I won't begin working on Draft 2 until February.

    I'm a curvy girl, and all of my heroines are plus-size divas and as grown as I am. If we don't write stories featuring women like us, no one will.

    Congratulations, and as always, keep on writing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...