Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fast Five With Sam Crescent!

NG: Welcome to Fast Five with Sam Crescent! Hey, Sam!

SC: Hiya, Nichelle. Thank you so much for having me back again.

NG: My pleasure! Tell me what The Valentines: Robert is all about?

SC: Well, Robert, is the first book in my new vampire series. This is the start of learning about the problems happening on Beyer West. The Valentines is a vampire family of four brothers and two sisters. They control Beyer West. The problem is the wolf pack are becoming out of control. When Robert Valentine forms a blood bond with a human female, Sophie, he agrees to protect her best friend Katie.

Let's just say in this book all hell is about to let loose.

NG: Oooo...sounds exciting! Why did you want to write this story?

SC: I have an addiction to vampires. I love all vampire programs and yes I love Twilight as well. I thought to myself to let my imagination spring free and let loose. What I love about Paranormal or vampire tales is there are no rules. You don't have to follow some rigid guidelines and everything can be how you want it to be.

NG: What do you think readers will love about this tale?

SC: I don't have sparkly vampires? lol. I don't know. I loved writing it and I hope that if other people love watching and reading vampires as much as I do, they'll enjoy this book. I for one love reading books as part of series and Robert is the first book within this series. I'm not very good at this am I? lol

NG: You're doing just fine! If you had to pick a favorite line from the book what would it be and why?

SC: “With all due respect, sir, I give my respect only to people who have earned it. And since, by definition, a person is someone who breathes, you don’t qualify.”

I love this line. Sophie my lead character says it. Robert admires her attitude and spunk. This really sets up the story nicely and love it.

NG: What can readers look forward to next from Sam Crescent?

SC: The second story in my vampire series, William, will be out a little later this year and I've also co-authored with a fellow  Total-E Bound writer, Natalie Dae. Plenty of stuff coming along at the moment.

NG: How fun! Thank you so much for stopping by, Sam! I wish you all the best with this release!

SC: Thank you as always for having me.

Book one in The Valentines Series

A war is about to begin.

Sophie Ford has a secret. Fear for herself and her friend has her running to the vampire council in search of protection.

And she is bonded to a vampire.

Robert Valentine knows Sophie is hiding something, but what? She tempts him as no little human ever has in his whole life. He is the eldest son of the most powerful family in the world.

Forces they cannot control are fighting against them. Time is running out. Sophie's secret is about to be exposed. Is there time to save the ones they love? Can Robert and Sophie move on and survive the war that is about to begin?

Reader Advisory: This book is the first of a series and contains scenes of violence between werewolves and vampires.



Caution! Tantalizingly Teasing Excerpt Below:

“What do you want from me?” he asked. His voice became husky as the sight of her body had its effect on his own. His cock, which had lain dormant for three years as no woman could arouse him the way Sophie could, awoke with fresh life. He wanted to be inside his mate. The need to take her in the most primitive of ways lay beneath the surface of his skin. Vampires could react on impulse.

William allowed the urge to flow over him but Robert took great pride in maintaining control. He no longer wanted to be in charge of his emotions. What would happen to him and Sophie if he allowed his natural instincts to kick in? He turned his head away so that he no longer stared into her blue eyes. Anything in the world she asked for, he’d willingly give. Cut out his own dead heart, and she could have it within seconds.

“I want the bond to be complete,” she said.

It was the answer he had been expecting—she didn’t know how to ask in any other way. He already knew of her innocence.

Robert took hold of her hands and pulled gently, bringing her closer to him. He could smell how turned on she was. Her light scent invaded his nostrils. The bitter taste of her fear was unwelcome, but he knew that virgins always feared their first time.

He felt her tremble but she remained before him. Her courage should be worshipped.

Robert held her hands, not moving. He looked at her, making sure she kept her eyes on him and only on him. He stroked his thumb over her hand, trying to reassure her.

Using all his willpower, he opened up the connection between them. Her eyes were the key. He forced her to watch him, to trust him. Holding her hands provided the conduit of touch and her eyes gave him the key to her mind.

He hated himself for doing this, but time was of the essence.

“What do you want from me?” Again, the picture of a smiling Katie appeared before his eyes as she spoke.

“To finish the bond.” Her answer came in a dull voice. She was strong. She was fighting his hold on her. Her words seemed practiced.

The Valentine's: Robert is available now with Total E-Bound Publishing!

Curious about Sam Crescent?
Check out her website/blog:
http://samcrescent.wordpress.com/


****CONTEST!****
Leave a comment with your email address below for a chance to win a copy of The Valentine's: Robert! A winner will be announced on Friday, January 27th!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds sexy and intruiging! it is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Melanie, thanks for stopping by! Please leave your email addy if you'd like to be included in the contest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just loved that excerpt. I'm definitely putting the Valentines: Robert on my TBR list. Loved the interview!

    Lori

    knitrix29 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview:-)
    Sam you sure are busy with new series.
    I just got Blackmailed by the Beast, read it without putting it down, can't wait for Richard and Tony's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all,

    Thank you so much for stopping by. Melanie thank your for your comment.

    Fiza, I'm in the process of writing Richard's and then will be onto Tony's and thank you for stopping by.

    Lori Z congratulations you are my winner for a free copy of The Valentines: Robert.

    Nichelle a pleasure as always.

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...