Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fast Five With Gracen Miller!

NG: Welcome to Fast Five with Gracen Miller! Hey, Gracen!

GM: Thank for having me, Nichelle!

NG: Tell me what Hell’s Phoenix is all about?



GM:
Hell’s Phoenix picks up immediately where Pandora’s Box left off. The hero, Nix, is in Hell thanks to a deal he made with the devil. The heroine, Madison, is determined to save him from that deal. Having ties with Hell, she’s certain she’ll succeed. Dodging the destiny fate has designed for her will be a whole lot trickier than getting into Hell.

NG: Why did you want to write this story?

GM: Ha! You make it sound like I had a choice. When my muse—Dom—gets an idea in his head, I will write or he will make me crazy-insane until I submit! It’ll be all I think about, I won’t be able to focus on anything but that story, I’ll lose sleep and think of the story at the most inappropriate times...all of this happens until I cooperate and start writing. But...I also love this series. It’s the first time characters have ever felt this “real”. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if they crawled out of the book and came to life.

NG: LoL...Your Dom knows how to get you writing! What do you think readers will love about this tale?

GM: It’s not the same story line you’re going to see coming from publishers. It’s a mixture of horror and romance. It’s going to play with your emotions. You’ll hold your breath, hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Just when you think you have something figured out, the story whammies you with the unpredictable.

NG: If you had to pick a favorite line from the book what would it be and why?

GM: One line? Wow, that’s tough! I have favorite scenes. Hm...I think I’d go with this line by the heroine: “Dance with me, Nix. So I can acclimate myself to the movement of your body before you make love to me.” I love this line because it’s sensual and it gives you a peek into how the heroine approaches lovemaking—at least to me anyway.

NG: Ooo...I love it! What can readers look forward to next from Gracen Miller?

GM: I’m working on Genesis Queen, book three in the Road to Hell Series. I also have another paranormal series started—the Kiss series. It’s less horror, but still paranormal romance. Book one is completed in the Kiss series and I’m halfway through the second book.

NG: You are one busy (crazy-talented) lady! Thank you so much for stopping by, Gracen! I wish you all the best with this release!

GM: Thanks for having me, Nichelle. I always love joining you!

Hell’s become more than just a playground for the wicked… 


Going to Hell was supposed to save Madison, but knowing she’s dead because of his failure leaves Nix with only one thing to live for. Revenge. With Micah’s help he learns to use his Messianic power. Anything for Mads has become his mantra, even if it means killing innocents to gather the power he needs to succeed. A tsunami he unleashes on a Gulf Coast city is stopped with magical interference, and Nix is more than surprised to feel Madison in the opposing magic. Can he and Micah set a trap to lure her out?

Pandora’s Box…once you open it, there’s no turning back! 

Madison has done the unthinkable, opened Pandora’s Box to save Nix from Hell. And failed. She’s willing to risk her own life to rescue Nix, but she worries about the welfare of her accomplice in the mission and leaving her son behind. Following up on a lead, she’s ambushed by Nix and Micah. Shocked and hurt to discover Nix has become a willing participant of Hell, she’s more certain than ever she won’t escape the demonic fate her husband outlined for her. While in Hell, she discovers denying the emergence of her succubus is futile, which means getting Nix out of Hell after embracing her inner demon just became a very real dilemma… 


Caution! Tantalizing Excerpt Below:
She dropped her head to the side against his shoulder to peek at him. “If you prefer, we can dance naked after we make love.”

His chuckle was filled with irony. “You mistake me for a man who controls his libido.”

“I didn’t say you couldn’t touch me as we danced.”

His eyes dilated. That must have been what he needed to hear. The arm around her waist loosened and his hand pressed downward. He caressed her belly in circular motions, before moving lower, lower, until his hand plunged between her legs, and rocked back and forth in a languid caress of sweet, sexual torment.

Madison’s mouth parted as she sucked in a low, desperate breath to steady her carnal urges.

Nix dipped his head and skimmed his lips across hers to tease as his hand aroused her. “Your pulse is crazy against my hand.”

“Did you mention something about begging earlier? I could almost go there now.”

“Don’t be easy, Mads. Challenge me the way you always do.” He nibbled on her bottom lip. “Make me work for it and I’ll give you more pleasure than you can handle.”

“I have no idea what to do.”

“Just be you, baby.” Nix’s lips caught hers in a heated kiss, his tongue dipping inside to claim hers. The hand around her throat lowered and cupped a breast, flicking his thumb over the nipple.

Her hands still positioned on the back of his head, clenched and wrapped her fingers in his hair, as she swayed against the palm between her legs. Nix broke away from her lips and worshiped down her neck, nipped her nape. Her arms fell by her sides as he kissed downward along her spine, shifting his hands to her waist and inching his fingers beneath her shirt. He scraped his teeth across her butt hard enough she could feel it through her jeans.

“I want inside you so bad my teeth ache.” His words were muffled against her bottom.

“Why wait?” Swollen and throbbing between her legs, she wanted him there to eliminate the need.

His fingers splayed across her abdomen and he kissed the base of her spine. As he stood behind her, elevating her shirt as he rose, his tongue traveled the length of her backbone. The caress was so sensual she trembled and feared her knees would give out.

“Lift your arms,” he said with his lips against her ear.

She did as he requested, and he yanked the cotton over her head, tossing it aside. Her nipples puckered in the cool air, or maybe because Nix turned her in his embrace and gazed at them like they were the Holy Grail.

“I knew you weren’t wearing a bra.” He dipped his head and sucked a nipple into his mouth.



 * * * *

Pandora's Box and Hell's Phoenix are available with Decadent Publishing!

Curious about Gracen Miller?
Check out her website: 

and blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...