Friday, February 17, 2012

Flash Fiction Friday - Angel by Nichelle Gregory

Angel

Light envelops her. Shame fades to relief. She hadn’t known if he’d come this time. Shuddering against his chest, she is comforted by the sound of his heart beating strong and steady against her cheek. The cold creeping over her body is held at bay, forced to recede as his incredible warmth forges yet a new destiny for her.

“Why?”

His deep voice holds no judgment, only love and it makes her cry.
She weeps, unaware of the tears falling from his own eyes.

“Why?” He asks again lifting her up from the ground.

“To see you again.”


Angel © Nichelle Gregory 2012

****
I always enjoy the challenge of creating a story with only 100 words! I hope you enjoyed Angel.


11 comments:

  1. Why - the biggest word in the Universe.

    Why - why do we do some of the crazy, silly things we do. Why do we love who we love, when everything and everyone is telling us that's the wrong choice. Why does our heart yearn to be with someone when we know it's not good for them or for us. Why do I just want to touch myself after reading this blog post? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL...

    I have no answers to your questions, Benjamin, but I am glad you stopped by to read!

    Have a great Friday!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nichelle, awesome FFF post. Very visual and heart-wrenching. Maybe you should join our flash group. We'd love to have you...come...join us.

    Oh, that picture is beautiful, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ER, I appreciate the feedback! I saw the photo and the words just flowed. Thanks too for the invitation to join your flash group. I do believe Benjamin extended the same offer for the same group. I will ck you guys out!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the question is always why? but i love her answer to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel the emotion.
    I loved her answer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mandy, that last line came to me and I thought it was perfect! I'm glad you enjoyed my piece!

    @Eve, thanks so much for reading and commenting. I'm happy you felt the emotion I was trying to convey with a few words as possible.

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post. Very poetic, and flowed beautifully off my tongue as I read it aloud. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Yvonne, thanks so much, I'm happy you enjoyed it!

    @Rolling Muse In The Roses, thanks for reading! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview :-) I love this story. I can't wait to see the menage you are working on. christina_92 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...