Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Back Gracen Miller!

NG: I’m welcoming back Gracen Miller on Simply Sexy Stories! Hi, Gracen!

GM: Howdy, Nichelle! Thanks so much for inviting me back. It’s always a pleasure to be here with you.

NG: Likewise! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! What would make the day special for you?

GM: My husband and I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day too often. I feel like I should show him I love him every day of the year. This year we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s at the Mardi Gras LaShe’s Ball, which is always a blast. But if I were to celebrate the holiday, I think the ideal date would be a night alone with my husband with no children around. Doesn’t happen often…or near enough! ;-)

NG: The ball sounds like a blast and I agree on showing the love all year! What’s your favorite kind of chocolate candy (or treat if you don’t indulge)?

GM: Reese Cups. MmmMmm…tongue orgasms! ;-)

NG: LOL...love those too! What are you reading right now?

GM: For pleasure…Lover Awakened, Book three in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. For work…Hell’s Phoenix. It’s in the final stages before being published on February 17th.

NG: Oooo...LOVE J.R. Ward's series! Okay, let's talk about your writing. Why are you drawn to horror romance?

GM: I love anything and everything paranormal and horror, and I grew up ingesting as much of it as I could. My best friend since middle school and I would veg out in front of the TV on the weekends and watch horror movies. We did a little dabbling with the Ouija board in high school and I have personal experiences with ghosts, so it not only has entertainment value, but has a personal aspect in my life, as well. I’m, also, a romantic at heart. A weird combo, huh? So, I mix the two because even demons, monsters, vampires, shifters and unknown species I can create need love, too. The horror element allows me to take the storyline darker than an average paranormal romance story.

NG: What’s your favorite horror romance movie, book?

GM: Favorite movie would be the Underworld series. Aside from my own story, my favorite book series is the Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole and/or the Psy series by Nalini Singh.

NG: I can never turn off Underworld when it comes on! I also enjoy both of the series you mentioned...great authors! Describe your writing process...are you a careful plotter or laid back pantster?

GM: Ha! If I was a plotter my muse—Dom—would nix that in the butt fast. He doesn’t believe in following the tentative outline I have stored in my head. And he love, love, looooves throwing monkey wrenches into my storylines at the oddest, most random moments. I think he finds perverse satisfaction in doing this to me. They always improve the storyline, but a little heads up would be nice on occasion. lol

NG: Ha ha! Has your writing process changed since your first book was published?

GM: Some, but not a lot. I’m more consistent with my writing, rather than a random writer. I try to write a little every day, even if it’s just thoughts or ideas for upcoming scenes. When I first started writing, that wasn’t my goal and I wrote as I felt like it.

NG: What are you working on for 2012?

GM: Genesis Queen, which is Book 3 in the Road to Hell series. After that I hope to finish edits on a couple of books I’ve already completed.

NG: Wow! You've got a lot in the works, lady! Let's talk about your scorching new release, Pandora’s Box!


GM: It’s getting rave reviews, too! On Goodreads it has 36 Five star reviews and 10 Four star reviews. That doesn’t count the fantastic reviews it’s receiving on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

NG: Congratulations, that's fantastic! What’s Pandora’s Box about?

GM: A very vague description…Pandora’s Box is about a mother who is trying to save her son from paranormal forces she doesn’t understand. The medical profession offers her little hope beyond a suggested stint in a psych-ward. Dedicated to finding a cure for her son, she refuses to give up on him. The book opens with her desperate to find help for her son, so fraught that she seeks paranormal assistance even though she doesn’t believe in the supernatural. She stumbles upon a group of hunters called Sherlocks who are convinced a demon is the cause of her son’s murderous tendencies. Nothing could’ve prepared her for the world she’s about to step into or the forces that threaten more than her life, but her very soul. Ultimately, it details the love a mother has for her child and how far she’ll go to save him, even if the odds are against them. Pandora’s Box also showcases that her life is nothing as she thought it was, but is a life borne from dark forces with demonic intentions.

NG: What inspired you to pen this story?

GM: Pandora’s Box was spawned from a nightmare where a demon/ghost was gunning for my kids. After I woke up and began to realize it was just a dream, I got to thinking. The worst nightmare any parent can endure is when their child is harmed. Especially when it’s something you cannot control nor do anything about. The absolute helplessness of this is crushing. I’ve endured this type of debilitation with my eldest son when he began to suffer grand mal seizures.

The nightmare got me to thinking “what if”…and that is how the Road to Hell series began.

NG: Give me three reasons readers will love Pandora’s Box.

GM: I’ll let the reviewers from Goodreads give you three reasons…

One… “Gracen Miller has definitely added spice and intrigue in to a genre that can somewhat be monotonous with the same story lines about demons, angels, succubi, and other paranormal creatures. This book grabs you on the first page and never lets go.” ~ Kathryn Grimes

Two… “Gracen Miller brought her ‘Road to Hell’ Series in with a bang! This story was insane! I loved it from beginning to the end. The ending had me at the edge of my seat in anticipation to see what is going to happen next. I have to say I loved this book. ” ~ Lindsey Hutchison

Three… “You will meet the most INCREDIBLE characters. The details in this book are outstanding! The story plays out flawlessly. The characters are well developed and positively enchanting! Author Gracen Miller takes mythical lore, horror, romance, parenting, the eternal battle of heaven and hell, smart/kick ass characters, newly created lore, hot cars and hotter men & women and wraps them up in nice little box...Pandora's Box that is! I LOVED THIS BOOK!” ~ Mindy/fangedmom

NG: What's the one thing readers can always count on when picking up one of your books?

GM: It depends on which book of mine they pick up. It can either be hot, scorching erotic sex. Or it can be a wild ride into a paranormal world of my own making, where characters are intense, the men are always alphas, and the sex will leave you panting for more.

NG: What's not to love? Gracen, thank you so much for coming on Simply Sexy Stories. Best wishes for all your endeavors in 2012!

GM: Thanks for letting me join you! All the best of luck and wishes for you in 2012 as well!


NG: Thank you! :)

Where does the road to Hell begin? 

What happens when your son turns homicidal overnight and your husband disappears on his way to work? Do you cower in fear or fight for your life? Madison Wescott fights against the odds. Distrustful of a God she doesn’t believe in, she finds herself face-to-face with a world she didn’t know existed and discovers her own soul is darkened with demonic connections.

With good intentions? Or by demonic design? 

Phoenix Birmingham bursts into Madison’s life in a whirlwind of sarcasm and sexual appeal. A hero for the masses—and for her jaded heart—but few will ever know the sacrifices he has made or the sacrifices to come. Discovering her entire life has been influenced by multifaceted paranormal beings, Madison is determined to defeat the apocalyptic blueprint fate has decreed, but only one man dares to challenge the supernatural forces manipulating them. Even with Phoenix’s aid, can destiny be denied? Or will demonic design prevail while they pay the crucial price with their souls?

In a small, sleepy Alabama town the battle for mankind’s liberty has begun...

Caution! Erotically Charged Excerpt Below:

“Oh.” She said nothing further, but stared into his eyes, and Nix wanted to look into hers as he drove his dick into her body. Wanted to know if she’d be as demure and shy climaxing as she was with people? Or would a hidden wanton emerge?

“Why are you holding my arms?”

“So you won’t hit me again.” So I can touch you one final time.

“I could get out of this easily, Nix.”

He nodded. He had no doubt of that. Slowly, he pushed his knee between her legs and parted them.

“Wh-what are you doing?” He didn’t answer her question, but thrust his thigh up and wedged it tight against her pussy. A hard gasp fell from her mouth, and her eyes rounded. “What—” She licked her lips fast. “What are you doing?”

He let his actions speak for themselves. Maintaining his grasp on her wrists, he gripped her hip tighter and slowly dragged his thigh against her core, back and forth. Her breath hitched, froze in her lungs, and a strangled, “N—Nix!” slipped free.

“Relax.” He leaned in, and whispered against her ear, “Enjoy.” He nipped her lobe and dragged his teeth down the side of her throat. Goosebumps prickled her flesh, and Nix couldn’t cease until he received what he wanted. “Hurt me, if you want me to quit.” He discovered dying men were rash creatures. “It’s the only way I’ll stop.”

Nix kissed her, tasting the salty remnants of her tears. Mads responded with surprising ferocity. Their tongues met, clung, and lapped in a wild dance hinting of desperation and long checked desires. Cock thickening, his jeans grew uncomfortable, and he rubbed his thigh against her pussy faster.

Nix restrained himself from stripping Mads, holding her against the door, and driving into her. He wanted her. God knew he wanted her, but he wouldn’t make love to her knowing this would be his last opportunity. He’d been selfish enough. He wasn’t about to go to Hell and be a fucking bastard like her demonic husband. No way would they come together for the first time as a final, farewell fuck. He held too much admiration for her to disrespect her in such a fashion. Once he claimed her physically, he’d always want her. What agony to desire Mads for an eternity while she remained out of reach. Beliel would unquestionably use his lust against him.

Those thoughts wouldn’t stop him from committing other sins and transgressions. At least now he would lose his dick to the Neko for a good cause.

Gliding his hand from her wrists down her body, his descent ceased once he cupped a heavy breast, circling the nipple through the fabric of her shirt with his thumb. He swallowed her moans, elated by her obvious desire.

Her hands dropped and clung to his shoulders as he pushed up her shirt and tugged her bra aside with impatient fingers, wedging the fabric beneath the weight of a breast. He cupped the warm flesh, the hard nub of her nipple branding his palm.

Her back bowing against the door, another one of her moans slipped down his throat. Nix severed their kiss and lifted his head to peer at her as he rolled the pebble between his fingers. Eyes heavy-lidded with passion, lips swollen from his kisses, she curled her fingers into his hair and tugged him down.


Pandora's Box is available now with Decadent Publishing, Amazon and other e-retailers!

Author Bio:
Gracen is a hopeless daydreamer masquerading as a “normal” person in southern society. When not writing, she's a full-time basketball/football/guitar mom for her two sons and a devoted wife to her real-life hero-husband. She's addicted to writing, paranormal romance novels and movies, Alabama football and coffee…addictions are not necessarily in order of priority. She is convinced coffee is nectar from the gods and blending coffee and writing together generates the perfect creative merger. Many of her creative worlds are spawned from coffee highs.

Curious about Gracen Miller?
Check out her website: www.gracenmiller.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...