Monday, February 27, 2012

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Brindle Chase!

NG: I’m welcoming Brindle Chase on Simply Sexy Stories! Hi, Brindle!

BC: Hey, beautiful. Thanks for having me here today!

NG: My pleasure! Let's jump right in. Do you have an e-reader? If so, tell me whether it was easy or difficult to adjust to reading digital books. Do you prefer paperbacks?

BC: I have a Nook and I love it. It wasn’t hard to adjust to reading it, but I do still prefer a paperback. There is nothing like having your purchase in your hand. If the price difference is close, I get the paperback.

NG: You’ve been captured and your captor tells you to choose one book to amuse yourself during your imprisonment...which book would you choose? J

BC: My favorite book, which I have read several dozen times, is Yendi by Steven Brust. But, it’s a quick read, so I think I would choose something longer like Return of the King from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

NG: What do you think is the biggest misconception about males writing in this genre?

BC: Where do I start? *lol*. I think the best compliment I get, that seems to surprise readers is that I portray the female POV really well. But I think that’s a misconception. I don’t pretend to understand women, but really try. It’s the area in every book I write, that I concentrate the most on. I also think there remains a stigma that male authors can’t write romance well. I hope I have change some peoples opinion on the matter. I do find it interesting, that many of my peers think they write the male POV authentically and that its very easy. I don’t have the heart to tell them their male leads are stereotypical from a woman’s POV. At least most of the ones I have read. Hehehe.

NG: Interesting! Do the people in your life know about your writing? Are they supportive?

BC: My family and friends are very supportive. Everyone knows, except my parents. I just don’t want to discuss erotica or romance books with them. =oP

NG: LOL...What advice would you give to other men interested in penning successful erotic romances?

BC: Read the genre! The first thing as a male you have to accept in the genre, is that it is written for women, not men. Men get the erotic part, but generally not the romance part. Not that men are not romantic, but the genre is heavily geared to appeal to women. It takes research to get a grasp of it. Most of the male authors I see in or near the genre, I would call erotica, with romantic elements. Maybe that’s where I fall, but I do strive to understand the genre and deliver what the audience expects and appreciates.

NG: I think all men should read at least one romance book. I guarantee it would help them in the romance department! Okay, let's talk about your writing.

BC: Excellent. I love talking about my writing. =oP

NG: Describe your writing process...are you a careful plotter or laid back pantster?

BC: I keep my pants on when I write. 99% of my writing is on my lunch break on a public sky bridge, so that wouldn’t go over well. =o) … honestly, I don’t prescribe to or understand either approach, the terms mean nothing to me. My muse gives me some images in my head and away I go. Not sure which of those that makes me.

NG: :-) Has your writing process changed since your first book was published?

BC: No, but I would like it too. Like I mentioned, I write on my lunch break. That small window every day is set in stone. It doesn’t allow any flex. I have to write then, so that process I started with has me locked into it until I’m successful enough to quit my day job and elaborate my process.

NG: What are you working on for 2012?

BC: My goal was to release 2 novels and 2 novellas. I released one novel in January and just signed a contract for a novella, so I’m already half way to my goal. I’m working on Book two of my Dark Justice series, book two in my Depth Charge series, and book one in a new series for Ellora’s Cave’s new line, EC for men. Plus some projects for Red Lipstick Journals, and a couple of other books.

NG: You're a busy man! Let's talk your latest release Helena: Gothic City Lights II.  What's this story all about?

BC: Helena is book two in the Gothic City Lights saga, which is about a Night Club set in Portland, OR that is sort of a haven for the underworld. Unknown to us mortals, a war for souls is raging between Angels and Demons. Helena’s story is her struggle as an Angel of Charity against the deadly sin of pride. It’s a spin on the Beauty and the Beast as she finds herself posing as a stripper to lure a nasty Demonlord into the open, so her Angel hit team can take him out. Her mission collides with Antonio, a human demon-hunter, and though hideously scarred from his battles (he can’t heal like Angels can), his warrior spirit ignites a flame in her she’s never known. Their pride becomes a near fatal obstacle to their missions and their mutual and magnetic attraction.

NG: Love the premise! What inspired you to pen this story?

BC: My muse handed it to me, as she always does, in bits and pieces. I wanted to do another story as a follow up to Lilith’s story, and my muse came through.


NG: What's the one thing readers can always count on when picking up one of your books? 

BC: Lots of steam. My books, on the erotica scale, tend to be on the vanilla side, but they are hot! I also inject a lot of action. Fighting, scuba diving, martial arts, etc… that sort of thing.  


NG: Give me three reasons readers will love Helena: Gothic City Lights II. 

BC: 1. It’s a very romantic and sexy tale of two unlikely lovers finding each other.

2. In the world of Gothic City Lights, Angels aren’t always pure and Demons aren’t always evil.

3. My kids need to go to college, so buy the book. =oP.
 
NG: Brindle, thank you so much for coming on Simply Sexy Stories, best wishes for all your endeavors in 2012!
Blurb: Helena must have fallen into disfavor with Mother Superior. Her latest assignment to pose as a stripper and infiltrate the notorious underworld lair Gothic City Lights was outrageous! She -- an angel of charity -- was required to display her pure, perfect flesh to bait and eliminate a demon lord.

Demon-hunter Antonio Bendicini was bred for war. Sent to Portland to reduce the rampant population of demons there, he is quickly mired in an ancient war between angel and demon.

Both after the same mark, their paths collide. Helena could never have prepared herself for Antonio. Huge, hideously scarred from years of battle, and ugly, he was a true warrior, just like she, and he ignited something she’d never felt before: lust.

In "Beauty and the Beast" fashion, their desires entwine with molten ferocity and she falls to her want. Helena realizes she cannot complete her mission, because her heart belongs to the human. Determined to devise a new plan where she need not display her naked flesh for any man save Antonio, Helena is captured by the demon lord. Antonio must swallow his pride, stay his wrath, and join forces with the angels to rescue her before she is killed -- or worse -- defiled.


Caution! Super Sexy Excerpt Below:
Antonio’s blood was on fire. Adrenaline pulsed through his veins like quicksilver. The fight hadn’t gone well, and he didn’t like admitting the topless dancer’s sudden arrival had proved lifesaving. The demon was not a fledgling. He was dealing with an elder. His first, and it had gotten away.

But it was her lips he couldn’t get out of his mind now. So soft, moist, and inviting. Plump and tasty. Where his hand had drifted across her perfect skin was equally soft. Smooth like porcelain, but warm and pliable. His fingers seemed almost singed. He had felt the tight muscles of her abdomen as he tucked the tip into her satin lacy panties.

God, how she tormented him. His erection wouldn’t go away, and all he could see were those beautiful, plump lips, those deep, intense blue eyes, and that smoking hot body.

Having made his way back to his hole-in-the-wall apartment, he settled on the first thing that came to mind. A cold shower.

The wounds, the bruises, all took a backseat until he could purge that damned kiss from his mind. Why had he kissed her? She hadn’t asked for it. She probably thought he was some kind of asshole. But he couldn’t resist. Women like her never gave him the time of day, and he’d seen an opportunity. So he seized it. And now it haunted him.

Stripping quickly, he unceremoniously dumped his leathers and equipment in the middle of his floor and went straight to the shower.

The water was icy, freezing knives of cold as the shower sprayed its vicious assault across his skin. It soothed the sore muscles of his body but did nothing to alleviate the throbbing need of his cock. A cold shower wasn’t going to cut it this time.

* * * * 

Tracking him had been surprisingly easy. He had a five-minute head start, but Helena caught the spicy scent of his aftershave almost immediately. It was engraved in her memory. He lived in a small, run-down apartment on the third floor of an ill-attended building in the old industrial area.

Climbing with an ease born to her immortal blood, she crouched outside his window and peered in carefully. And just in time to see him strip out of his armored clothes and strut into the bathroom and out of her sight, led by a huge erection.

She gasped, lifting a fist to her mouth. Just a glimpse of him, of his thick, hard cock, and suddenly the fire was back. And this time, it spared her nothing, searing her arms and body until it centered between her legs. He was beautiful.

Keep it together. Mission. Think only about the mission.

But the mission had taken off on a tangent. She had to find out who this guy was, who he worked for, and if he knew his quarry was a demon. With him in the shower, she’d have five minutes, maybe more, to search his things for any clues.

Silently she wiggled the window’s latch free and lifted it up. A second later she was padding like a ninja through his belongings. His wallet was stuffed in his jeans, his money in a wad, but nothing else. No driver’s license, no credit cards. Nothing but cash. The jeans were reinforced on the inside with metal sheets across the shins and thighs. Definitely built for combat. He was not your average guy.

The shower door snapped open, and she whirled in place. He was finished so soon. It had been barely a minute. Maybe two. There was no way she could make it back to the window. She had no choice but to hide.

Moving silent and quick, she ducked into his closet and prayed he wouldn’t need anything from it. There wasn’t much. Three more leather long coats, a few shirts, slacks, and five pairs of various combat boots. All of which had clearly seen a lot of action.

The doors of the closet had been open, but she had to dare he wouldn’t take notice. She closed them partially, not wanting to risk any noise by shutting them completely. She tucked herself as far back into the thick leather coats as she could, using them to camouflage her hiding spot.

Peeking through the slats in the closet doors, she watched him stride back into the room. His face was etched with grief. By all accounts, he was not a handsome man. His face was all hard angles, brutally scarred, and far too serious. A born killer. But the scowl he wore was intense, and he was frustrated by something. The temptation to intercept his emotions through her empathy became unbearable, but she had to resist. Somehow she knew he would sense the subtle mental invasion.

Her gaze drifted down against her will, and he was still hard as stone. Protruding straight out from his pelvic area, from a thick nest of black pubic hair, his erection was undeniable. Huge, thick, and straight.

She’d never seen a penis. Not like this. Not hard and ready. So beautifully straight, where the rest of his body was chunks of muscle stacked between scar tissue from untold battles.

It also seemed to be the source of his frustration as he sat naked on the edge of the bed and leaned back on a tough-fingered hand. His other became a fist and encircled his huge cock.

Helena bit her lip to stifle a gasp as she watched. His hand molded its grip tight around his thick shaft, and even in the grasp of his massive hand, it was still gigantic, bold, and the only smooth stretch of flesh on his entire body.

His hand slid down, pumping his hardness, and his marred face relaxed suddenly. The angles smoothed, twisting as his mouth unleashed soft, guttural moans. His hand came back up, stroking the length of his cock, and she watched in awe.

Up and down he moved his hand, and the fire spread deeper inside her. The moisture in her panties was new to her as well. The excitement, the eroticism, of watching him pound that beautiful cock filled her with desire.

The urge to break through the flimsy closet doors and make love to that cock was sudden, and she stirred. Barely she managed to resist the urge. It was powerful, but stupid and sinful. She understood that lust could be a formidable foe.

But the fire demanded release, and she could not wait. Her gaze was glued to his meaty fist as it pumped up and down his cock. The muscles of his stomach were taut, tensed against the pleasure he was sending through himself.

The same pleasure rushed through her. The fire abated a moment, twisting into sparks as she felt her nectar across her fingers. Looking down, she found she had her jeans open and a hand stuffed down into her panties. She hadn’t realized she’d done it.

The fire wouldn’t take no for an answer, and she plunged her fingers deep into her tight warmth as his fist slammed down the shaft of his cock. Biting her lip to check the hiss ready to unfurl, she shivered with the coursing erotic bliss shooting out from her core and searing the rest of her body.

She pulled them out as he lifted his hand back up and palmed the throbbing mushroom head. Following his movements, she fucked her pussy as he stroked his cock, her mind filled with images of him between her legs. Stroke for stroke, she matched him, jamming her fingers into her pussy fast and furiously.

A growl ripped from his chest, and his powerful body lurched forward, his hand closed tight about his cock, just under the head. His hips bucked, and then again, and a stream of pearly white cum flew up into the air.

She thrust her fingers in and out harder and faster as she watched, awed by the vision before her. His cum arced and then came back down, splashing across his chest and stomach. Biting her lip again, she fought off the urge to cry out. His hips bucked as his hand stroked down hard, then up fast, and another shot of thick white cum burst upward.

Her shivering body began to convulse. Alarmed, she pulled out her fingers, but it was too late. Her leg spasmed and kicked out straight, bumping the closet doors, and his eyes snapped up to see her as his cum splattered across his hand and thigh.

His fierce eyes opened wider as her body exploded in orgasm. She shuddered violently until she was flat on the ground with her jeans and panties tightly wrapped about her thighs.

She wanted to flee. She wanted to die as the fire raging in her body fled to her cheeks. But she couldn’t do anything while the orgasm reigned. She moved her hand back to her pussy, cupping it, feeling her wet warmth as her body contracted with waves of sinful pleasure, and she couldn’t tear her gaze from his cock.

He stared at her, throwing his hand away from his cock as if in shame. His powerful body shook with tremors, and he gasped in deep breaths as his awesome climax subsided. He was as paralyzed as she by intense eroticism.

And then he was on her. He moved lightning quick, snatched her by the arms, and lifted her off the floor. Half throwing her, he shoved her onto the bed and pinned her down. Unable to resist while the bursting pleasure of her waning orgasm left her legs and arms spent, she could only stare back at him.

“What in the hell are you doing here?” He growled, and all she could manage was to suck in a deep gulp of air. His fingers burned into her skin, and she knew the orgasm had only fed fuel to the fires ripping through her body. Her desire was not yet sated, and she was embarrassed. She looked away and felt a heat even greater in her cheeks.

Helena: Gothic City Lights II is available now with Loose Id!


Curious about Brindle Chase?
Check out his website:


and blog:


****BOOK GIVEAWAY!!****
Leave a comment below with your email address for a chance to win a copy of Helena: Gothic City Lights II! A winner will be selected on Tueday, February 28th!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I just read the excerpt and all I can say is wow. I loved the first book in the series, can't wait to read the second.

    Jenny
    jennyann1975@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was hot! This sounds like an awesome book! I cant wait to read more. Im so adding this to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing it! ANd wonderful interview too! Wish ya all the best! Congrats! :)
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot excerpts! Love your books Brindle and all the best with this one :) I do have to disagree with one point - I don't think male heroes are stereotypical, LOL I think they are a woman's wish!! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Brindle Chase gives us delicious heat. I love the Brindle man. I stalk him ...always. Hot stuff! And he is a charmer all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Brindle! Smokin' Sounds like a great story, too and I love your writing. sunnydaysbook@gmail.com. Good luck with it. I hope it sells well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh, thanks everyone!!! Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. Something in the firewall at work was blocking me... *lol* imagine that!

    *nod nod*@Kellie... absolutely!! That's one of the challenges for a male author in the genre, to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the chance to win Brindle.Wishing you much success on your new book !

    Have a wonderful night ! Hugs, Joelle

    joelleclista@hotmail.com
    http://angelswithattitudebookreviews-joelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book like your other books has got the wow factor! Way to go Brindle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite kind of romance novels are ones that are so well written that everything else fades out and I fall into the story as if nothing else is happening around me. I liked to get sucked in immediately when I read and this book, just from the small excerpt, does exactly that. While I add this to my wishlist, I am off to find Lilith's story before I settle down and dive into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. channingcudd at rocketmail dot com

    Forgot to add that above, silly me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone!!! Wishing you all the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to...Joelle! You've one a copy of Brindle's book! He'll get in touch with you shortly.

    I want to thank all of you for stopping by!!

    ;)

    Nichelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...