Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Muse-ically Inspiring!

It's Wednesday! Is it just me or has this been one long week? I'm having one of those moments when I can't think of anything I want to blog about. So, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite pieces of music to write to. These are the tracks that I can always count on to get me in the zone to finish a particular scene. 


First up: The Piano by Engima ~ I love Engima period for those sexy scenes I enjoy writing, but this particular song never fails to inspire my characters.
Second: Fallen by Lauren Wood~ I think this song is so romantic. Ever since I heard it in Pretty Woman, I've loved it. I can put this track on repeat and bang out dialogue without being distracted by the words I know by heart.
Third: Bella by Carlos Santana~ Seriously sexy track that I can put on repeat as I craft a hot scene. You may recognize this tune in the smokin' hot love scene with Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek in Desperado.
When I'm feeling sleepy, I like to crank up movie soundtracks, like Indiana Jones, Superman or Batman Begins. lol It works! I also count on Marc Anthony, Jamie Foxx, Ne Yo and many others to keep my eyes from fluttering close in the wee hours of the night.

I find that I use music a lot. I'll love all kinds of music and I've got a pretty eclectic collection that I'm constantly adding to. Music helps me get into the mood of the scene I'm working on and I'm always listening to something whether I'm writing or not.


So, for you authors out there, what do you like to listen to when you write? What songs inspire you to get whatever your working on done?


I'm curious. You can get a little sample of what else I like to listen to by checking out my YouTube channel! <<Just click here>>


Happy Hump Day!!


~Nichelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...