Monday, April 30, 2012

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Mia Watts!

NG: I’m thrilled to welcome fellow TEB author Mia Watts today on Simply Sexy Stories! Hi, Mia!

MW: Hi Nichelle! Thanks for inviting me.

NG: My pleasure, Mia! Let’s start with some Mia Watts trivia questions! What’s your favorite time of day?

MW: Depends what I’m doing. If you’re talking about writing process, the morning is more productive. If you’re talking about a girl letting her hair down, that would have to be...who’m I kidding? By the time night rolls around, I’m sacked. And not in the fun way.

NG: LOL What’s your favorite place to write?

MW: I sit in a lazy boy chair in my living room. It’s the center of everything and absolutely quiet.

NG: Nice! What’s your favorite drink in the morning?

MW: Coffee. Is there anything else?

NG: What are you reading right now?

MW: I’m rereading The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne. I know. It’s not romance, but it certainly helps me focus. I’m also going through an old Mythology textbook. Those Greek gods were a rowdy bunch.

NG: Oooo...great book and I adore Greek mythology! Do you have an e-reader? If so, tell me whether it was easy or difficult to adjust to reading digital books. Do you prefer paperbacks?

MW: Sadly, I don’t. I’ve participated in several giveaways, but haven’t invested in an ebook reader of my own. I spend so much time on the computer and read from my laptop, that it isn’t particularly necessary. Also, I’m waiting for iPad to come out with a new version using Siri. Any day now, Apple…

I love paperbacks just as much as the ebook variety of literature. I think there’s something beautiful about holding an old-school book. The smell, the feel, it takes you back to the time when we threw ourselves across the bed to read and wound up staying up all night until the last page. Having said that? Nothing beats the convenience or portability of an ereader.

NG: You’ve been captured and your captor tells you to choose one book to amuse yourself during your imprisonment...which book would you choose? :)

MW: Sense and Sensibility. I’m a sucker for the old fashioned romance.

NG: What do you think is the biggest misconception about females writing in this genre?

MW: Writing m/m has some different ones that the usual. I mean, I don’t actually have a penis but I write about them. I guess the biggest—and I can say this because I’m single and dating—people I meet think I’ll be hot to trot 24/7. They think I’m exactly like the ready to go characters in my work. People, I’m normal. Mostly.

NG: :-) Do the people in your life know about your writing? Are they supportive?

MW: My best friends and other industry people know, but not my family. They found it tough to swallow (pardon the pun) when sex was behind closed doors in my old mainstream work. I’m fairly certain this pen name would get me disowned.

NG: LOL...I understand. What advice would you give to inspiring authors interested in penning successful erotic romances?

MW: Listen to the readers. Read the reviews but look for the constructive criticism, not the verbal attacks. They are the ones you want to please, so please them. Without your readers, you’re nothing. Make sure you’re grateful. You owe your success to them.

NG: So true, Mia, great advice! Okay, let's talk about your writing!

MW: Um. Okay.

NG: Hey, this is the really good part of the interview! Describe your writing process...are you a careful plotter or laid back pantster?

MW: Hard-core, unapologetic, often frantic and angsting pantser.

NG: Ha ha! I like you, Mia! How many hours a day do you try to commit to your manuscript?

MW: Between 8 and 10 hours. I have kids. I try to be a mom at night.

NG: *grins* What’s your biggest distraction from focusing on your writing?

MW: Those kids I mentioned. I adore them and they’re hilarious people.

NG: What are you working on for 2012?

MW: Oh geez. I had this conversation with my best friend recently. She laughed. I have a solid mix of Mia Watts and Katie Blu releases. A couple more m/m handcuffs and lace police books, a couple ménages, some scifi, a new series about teachers, and a few that are scheduled but undecided. A have at least one release a month. I’m aiming for more.

NG: You're a busy lady! Let's talk about Brass Balls! Great title by the way! :)

MW: I am. I’m also here to tell your readers that while I took April off from releases, I’m starting back up again at the end of May with Katie Blu’s book Trinity (Katie is the alter ego of my alter ego Mia. Yes, I’m confusing that way.)

NG: You're multi-faceted! What’s Brass Balls about?

MW: An older man, younger man story. It’s all about relationships: between family friends, mentors, police officers, superiors, etc and working things out a little differently.

NG: What inspired you to pen this story?

MW: I’m just a sucker for forbidden love. It’s a theme I love to put into my work.

NG: Mmm...forbidden love. *clears throat* Give me three reasons readers will love Brass Balls.

MW: Okay. One, two hot men. Two, forbidden romance from a childhood crush to manhood. Three, the capitulation. That’s my favorite part.

NG: Yes! What's the one thing readers can always count on when picking up one of your books?

MW: I’d like to say that at some point I have the reader smiling or laughing, but I think—no, I hope—that it’s making you forget everything else for a little while and giving the reader a thrill.

NG: Mia, thank you so much for coming on Simply Sexy Stories! Best wishes for all your endeavors in 2012!

MW: Thank you for letting me come bend your ear. Nichelle, it has been my great pleasure meeting you and a lot of fun today. Thanks again!

NG: Likewise, Mia, come back anytime!
Blurb: Kissing a fellow police officer might not have been the smartest drunken move Oak Takala has made in recent years. Okay, and it might have complicated the issue that the officer in question is his father’s former partner, Wyatt Peterman. Aaaaaand there’s the fact that Peterman is the newly appointed precinct captain.

So what the fuck? Why not go balls to the wall and make a play no one will forget?

Caution! Super Hot Excerpt Below:
This time when Oak bumped his chest out, Wyatt flattened him bodily to the wall. Air slammed out of Oak’s lungs and spilled over him. Torn between what he wanted to do and what he should do, Wyatt gave in to the stronger desire.

He took Oak’s mouth, crushing it with his own. The other man tensed at first but it didn’t take long for his lips to soften and move with Wyatt’s. Wyatt heard his own needy groan. The whisper of dread that John or Sheila might see, or might not approve, lingered at the back of his mind flavoring the kiss with the forbidden.

Oak’s lips pulled back and he bit the tip of Wyatt’s tongue before sucking it hungrily. Wyatt’s dick throbbed at the suggestion. He pushed their hips together, smiling when a soft cry came from the other man. It must have irritated Oak because he arched his neck, taking power of the kiss as though they were waging a war. Hard tooth scraped hard tooth. The edges caught his bottom lip and tugged.

Wyatt let go of his arms and held Oak’s face still, determined to wrangle a satisfying kiss from the man. He only managed to amp up his lust when kiss after kiss wasn’t enough to return him to his senses and make him want to stop.

He didn’t remember making the conscious choice to touch Oak. Nevertheless, his hands smoothed over his ribs and torso.

Oak seemed to have a better grip on himself, because he pried their bodies apart and shoved Wyatt back.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing? You couldn’t leave me alone? You had to go and pull a douchebag move to prove how much I want you?”

Wyatt’s head swam. “I do want you.”

He ran a hand through his hair and whirled away. He paced several steps and turned to face Oak again. Anger at himself welled up inside him. It had been a douchebag move.

Oak still leaned heavily against the wall. He narrowed his eyes on Wyatt disbelievingly.

“That’s the fucking problem, Oak. I do want you.” With a self-loathing grunt, he briefly linked his fingers behind his head before dropping them to scrub over his face. “I’d have been fine if you’d never done anything. If I’d figured it out eventually, it would have been something

that I thought about in passing and ignored. But you didn’t let me. You got in my face and made me see you, damn it! What the hell am I supposed to do with this?”

“This?” Oak croaked. “Can we just be clear on what you mean? I don’t want to assume anything here.”

“This!” he shouted gesturing between them, then lower at their cocks. “This!”

“Oh, that. I have a few ideas,” Oak returned, the beginnings of a smile playing about his lips.

“Jesus, that’s not what I mean.”

“Really? I dunno because you were pointing at my dick, man. I’m pretty good about figuring out what to do with my junk.” An edge of something harsh flashed behind Oak’s humor.

“You’re getting defensive again,” Wyatt noted.

“And why the hell not, boss?” He flung his arms wide and stood away from the wall. “Do you like what you see? It’s yours, you know. I wouldn’t fight you even if I knew it meant nothing to you. Do you know why?”

Wyatt shook his head.

“Because even a one night stand is more than I’d ever hoped for when it came to getting horizontal with you. Because even if you go about business tomorrow like I’m John’s kid, I’ll remember every second of what you’d feel like in me. Because there aren’t enough years left on this planet to keep me from thinking of exactly how you taste, Captain. That’s why.”

“Don’t call me that. Not now.”

“Captain?” When Wyatt nodded, Oak continued. “Fine, Peterman. Or am I allowed to call you Wyatt.”

Wyatt’s cock uncomfortably pressed his fly at the sound of his name on Oak’s lips. “Wyatt’s fine.”

“Awesome.” Oak continued in strutting form. “Then forgive me for my insubordination, but when it comes to explaining how wrong we are together,” he broke off, positioning his hands on either side of his open fly, like a lewd bracket. “Why don’t you just suck my cock, instead, huh? How does that sound.”

“Pretty damn fine,” Wyatt decided.

He crossed the short width of hallway, shoved Oak to the wall again and dropped to his knees.

Holy fuck! Wyatt was going to do it? Stunned, Oak could barely make sense of the kneeling man in front of him. What had been issued as an insult had turned into a bizarre fantasy.

Wyatt took hold of Oak’s waistband and looked up at him. Wyatt’s clear blue eyes regarded him unwaveringly. Oak sank his fingers into the man’s thick brown hair afraid a word would either stop him or start him toward the intended goal.

His cock wanted this, but should he? “What about Owen?”

“I explained about Owen.”

“Not exactly.”

“I thought you wanted this,” Wyatt said, his voice roughened with the same desire Oak saw in his steady gaze.

“I want a lot of things. You on your knees is a highlight.”

Wyatt smiled, an almost shy, playful grin tinged with heat. The broad shouldered man at his knees had been anything but timid the entire time Oak had known him. This intimate twist gave a flip to his belly.

Wyatt yanked Oak’s pants down. “I’m going to hell for this,” he murmured. He lowered his gaze to Oak’s swollen shaft. “I’m gonna enjoy the trip.”

He placed a kiss on the moist tip. Oak cracked his head on the wall. He pushed his hips forward, wanting to watch every minute of the captain’s mouth on his dick. Wyatt seemed to know it too, because he took his goddamn time rubbing those lips back and forth on the mushroom head.

Oak’s ass clenched. His groin had tight flutters warming the secret parts of his pelvis all the way to his spine. Wyatt’s tongue flicked out over the top, tasting the drop of moisture he found there and humming approval.

Oak thought he might explode. The culmination of years of crushing, lusting after this man who’d been out of his reach and way too sexy for his own good, had ended with the object on his knees tasting him like a dessert plate. The whimper was surely a manifestation of that and not his desperation to get fucked in the ass by the same guy.

By the time Wyatt’s mouth wrapped around the top, and his eyes lifted to Oak’s, he thought his legs would give. One of Wyatt’s huge hands flattened on his belly and slid higher,

matching the slow progression of his mouth down the length of Oak’s shaft. He pulled off just as slowly.

“So pretty,” Wyatt murmured, his lips dancing along the side of the needy rod as he spoke.

“Wyatt, you’re killing me.”

“You want this as much as I do. Might as well take you to hell with me.”

Oak fisted his hair, trying to tug the other man back into place. Wyatt chuckled, but took the urged suggestion.

“I’ll suck you,” he promised. “Later I’ll take my time exploring every inch of your tight body. Understood?”

Oak nodded in jerky movements then butted his tip to Wyatt’s smiling lips.

Wyatt opened and threw delicacy to the wind as he took him in one quick swallow. Oak shuddered on a bone-deep groan. Wyatt’s lips rubbed up and down his dick, cheeks hollowing on each withdrawal. Oak sank into the sensations, the sight of the man he wanted more than anything going down on him, the friction, the heat—his head swam with it.

Wyatt slipped the side of his hand lower, coasting over the hidden entrance several times before pushing a finger in. They both groaned at the same time. He plucked the tight ring of muscles as he increased the rhythm on Oak’s cock.

Oak didn’t resist the urge to thrust, though he held himself back from the fucking he really wanted to give. Wyatt didn’t seem to mind. He swallowed deep and held. With his other hand he pulled Oak tight to his face while he constricted his throat.

Dear God, Oak would explode. Any pretense of consideration flew the coop. He grabbed the man’s head in both hands and slammed his hips in, rocking hard as he fucked Wyatt’s face with every pent up fantasy he’d had.

Wyatt took it. His eyes watered, yet he stayed in place, adding a second finger and popping the anal ring. Suddenly he pressed in three fingers and hooked them rapidly over Oak’s prostate.

Cum erupted from him. Stinging in its speed, pleasure emptied his balls into Wyatt’s throat. He pulled out enough to let him breath before rocking out the final squirts along his tongue.
*****
Brass Balls is available now with Resplendence Publishing!

Curious about Mia Watts?
Check out her website: www.MiaWatts.com
and blog:

5 comments:

  1. Hey Nichelle! Thanks again for spotlighting me today. This was a lot of fun, and I really hope you make it to RT next year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLEY! I am heading BACK to RP and buying more books! *fans self*

    I have a few of yours and I adore each and every one!!! Thanks for posting the excerpt here and for your candid answers.

    Stacy Wilson

    dragn_lady at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stacy, Wow! You're welcome. :) Thank you for reading me. That's the best compliment ever. The next Balls book is "By the Balls" coming our mid June. My publisher just informed me that the first four will go to print this year in an anthology too. I'm pretty excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mia, it was a joy having you on my blog! I hope that we meet again at RT next year as well! ;-)

    Stacy, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mia! You know I love you & your stories :) I did miss having you have a release in April but hopefully you were able to rest or enjoy some time off from writing. I'm looking forward to your next book, Trinity and that's great news about the four "Ball" stories in print!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...