Thursday, May 10, 2012

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Marie Haynes!

NG: I’m welcoming Marie Haynes on Simply Sexy Stories! Hi, Marie!

MH: Hey there!

NG: Let’s start with some Marie Haynes trivia questions! What’s your favorite time of day?

MH: Around 3:00 in the afternoon – I’m good and awake, it’s not too early for a glass of wine, and on lovely days, I can sit outside and write.

NG: What’s your favorite place to write?

MH: Believe it or not – a few local bars!

NG: Really? How interesting! What’s your favorite drink in the morning?

MH: Depends on the morning! If it’s been a late night, perhaps a bloody Mary – otherwise, hot tea with honey, preferably something very strong like Russian Caravan.

NG: What are you reading right now?

MH: I’m just finishing up Fifty Shades of Grey. I’d heard about it at the RT conference this year and decided I really should be “in the know” about this book.

NG: I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list! Do you have an e-reader? If so, tell me whether it was easy or difficult to adjust to reading digital books. Do you prefer paperbacks?

MH: I do! My husband bought me a Nook for mother’s day two years ago. I love it! I can carry hundreds of books with me when I travel. I still like paper and hard backs though, especially when I read in bed or cuddle on the couch beneath a warm blanket. There is something quite comforting about the printed word on real paper. Secret admission – I LOVE the smell of books!

NG: Me too, Marie, but I also love my Nook! You’ve been captured and your captor tells you to choose one book to amuse yourself during your imprisonment...which book would you choose? :)

MH: OMG!!! One???? That, my dear, is torture!!! Still – here goes – Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel.

NG: I haven't read that series yet either! So many books...so little time! 

What do you think is the biggest misconception about females writing in this genre?

MH: I truly believe that the biggest misconception is the belief that because we write it, we do it or fantasize about it. While this might be true on rare instances, generally, it isn’t. I can’t help but wonder if those same folks who think that also think that Agatha Christie fantasized about actually committing murder!

NG: LOL...I know! Do the people in your life know about your writing? Are they supportive?

MH: The people whom I love and trust the most do, certainly. While my sons (19 and 23) have refused to read anything I’ve written (who can blame them!) they are quite proud of my accomplishments. So yes, I’d have to say they, my husband (who was one of the few men at RT this year!) and my close friends are quite supportive.

NG: What advice would you give to inspiring authors interested in penning successful erotic romances?

MH: Write for your own pleasure. If you enjoy what you write, others will too. Create a story that you would enjoy reading with strong, complicate characters and believable plots.

NG: Excellent advice, Marie! Okay, let's talk about your writing. Describe your writing process...are you a careful plotter or laid back pantster?

MH: I’m a character developer. I start with characters who have real fears and joys and problems. From them, stories grow. Because, as we all know, people are complicated and there’s always a story attached to why they behave as they do.

NG: Indeed. How many hours a day do you try to commit to your manuscript?

MH: This is a tough one. My life is very complicated. I have a regular full time job and a I’m a full time wife, mother, and caretaker of a parent suffering from Alzheimer’s, so I sometimes struggle to find 5-10 hours a week I can write. One day, I keep telling myself, that will change to 5-10 hours a day.

NG: What’s your biggest distraction from focusing on your writing?

MH: Family and work commitments – oh, and reading a good book!

NG: What are you working on for 2012?

MH: I have two ideas I’m working on – related stories about a woman and her great-grandmother – don’t get all creeped out! The great-grandmother’s story will be told in flashback through her journal so it would be historical fiction. I want the stories to show that despite different eras, values, and circumstances, our basic desires and dreams are really quite similar.

NG: That sounds fantastic, Marie! Let's talk about your latest release Discovering Pleasure. What’s this story about?

MH: It’s the journey of a young women who has suffered through a difficult upbringing and now discovers who she really is and what she really wants. It’s really about discovering one’s self.

NG: What inspired you to pen this story?

MH: The setting is in Southern Illinois wine country – an area of the state I simply adore! Also, I’m somewhat fascinated with the concept of Domestic Discipline so this book was a way to explore both.

NG: Give me three reasons readers will love Discovering Pleasure.

MH: It’s hot!!, the characters are real – filled with fear and humor and love, unexpected turns of plot.

NG: Delicious! What's the one thing readers can always count on when picking up one of your books?

MH: Hot sex and a happy ending. I know that sounds simple, but isn’t that why we all enjoy erotic romance?

NG: YES! Marie, thank you so much for coming on Simply Sexy Stories. Best wishes for all your endeavors in 2012!

MH: Thank you! I’ve loved answering your questions and being here with you all! Thanks for having me.
Book three in the Pleasure Series
Blurb: A little wine, a little nature, and one hot man is all Rose needs to Discover her Pleasure.

When Rose asks her Dominant, Nathan, to help her discover her family roots in Southern Illinois, she learns more about herself than she bargained for.

After spending a week at Giant City State Park, Rose leaves with not only a new family, but new friends and a new life filled with the structure she craves, Pleasure and love.

Reader Advisory: This story contains scenes of domestic discipline, bondage and BDSM, and has one scene of dubious consent. Interactions of multiple partners, including some F/F.

Caution! Super Hot Excerpt Below:
Rose Hester signed her name with a flourish then handed the pen over to Nathan who, with a quick stroke, added his own name to the contract.

“Satisfied?” she asked.

“Very. As long as you are, that is,” he responded, taking her into his arms and kissing her soundly. “So, when you first came to my house as a birthday gift, did you ever think you’d become a permanent part of my life?” he murmured into her ear.

Rose giggled, remembering her first encounter with Nathan. When Joe Dunes had suggested she give Nathan a birthday massage, Rose had jumped at the chance to land a new client. As a certified massage therapist, she had decided against working at a slick spa in St. Louis that charged outrageous prices and catered only to the rich. Instead, she’d purchased a portable massage table, mixed her own oils, and hung out her shingle. She’d planned to offer at-home massages to the average person for a reasonable fee. Nathan had been one of her first customers.

“No, but I’m so glad you consider me ‘permanent’,” she answered. “So, when is our first play event?”

Nathan threw back his head and roared. Rose smiled, loving the rich sound of his laughter.

“Anxious little slut, aren’t you?” he asked.

Rose nodded.

“You’re just going to have to wait a bit, ‘cause I’ve got a few errands to run. In the meantime, I expect you to prepare for my return,” he commanded.

“And when might that be?” she enquired, her little pink tongue darting out to moisten her lips.

“When I’m good and ready,” he answered sternly. Deftly, he spun her around and, with a sharp slap to her bottom, pushed her in the direction of the bathroom. “But when I return, I expect you showered, shaved, naked, lubricated and ready. Questions?”

“No, Sir,” she said, with a saucy grin.

Once she was standing in the shower, Rose luxuriated in the feel of the hot water and scented, soft lather. She disliked the harsh chemicals commonly found in commercial brands, so she used only organically made soaps. Carefully, she shaved her legs, underarms and pubic area—just as prescribed in the contract. Smiling to herself, Rose remembered how Nathan had argued against the contract. He didn’t want her to feel obligated to please him or trapped into doing something she really didn’t want to do. After days of badgering, arguing and cajoling, she had finally managed to make him understand that a written document would satisfy her need for order. She would not feel trapped at all, but rather…free. Funny, most people would think that the Dominant in a relationship would want the contract, not the submissive. But then again, most people didn’t understand her at all.

Humming slightly off key, Rose stepped out of the shower and dried herself with a big, fuzzy towel. She scooped her fingers into a jar of coconut oil scented with her own perfume and liberally worked the soothing moisturiser into her skin. Conscious of her newly signed contract, she also coated her pussy and anus with Nathan’s favourite lubricant, not that she needed much. Her thighs were already glistening with her own honey.

Now what do I do? Needing something to occupy herself, Rose wandered into Nathan’s bedroom with the intent of changing the sheets on his bed. Freshly laundered sheets always felt lovely against bare skin. Propped against a pillow, though, lay an envelope with her name scrawled across the flap.

“I should have known he’d leave instructions,” she murmured, grinning with anticipation.

Rose, By now you are showered, shaved and properly lubricated. You are also looking for something to do to keep yourself busy and out of trouble while you wait for me to return. In fact, you’re probably ready to do some laundry or clean something.

Rose laughed. Without a doubt, Nathan understood her need to stay busy, not to mention her almost compulsive cleaning habits.

I want you, however, to remember that your first priority is to act as my submissive. To that end, you will go to my dresser, open the top left drawer and remove a package wrapped in pink paper.

“Okay,” Rose said, following the directions. Sure enough, she found the package.

When you open the present—and yes, it is a present for you—you will understand what to do with it. I should return in about an hour, at which time I will expect my gift to be in its proper place, my floors swept, the kitchen spotless, the bed turned down and you kneeling three feet from the front door ready to welcome me.

I love you, Nathan

PS You will NOT orgasm in my absence.

Curious and more excited than ever, Rose carefully removed the pink wrapping, taking care not to rip the paper. For a moment, she could do nothing except stare at the gift. A butt plug. Seriously? He wanted her to insert a plug into her ass and then clean his house? Rose re-read the letter just to be sure she understood Nathan’s instructions. She had told him that she was ready to be challenged.

Looking at her reflection in the mirror, she said, “Well, this is what you wanted. Besides…Nathan—or rather, Sir—will understand if you really don’t want to do this. Good Lord, I’m talking to myself again.” She began to pace. Suddenly, she stopped and glanced in the mirror once more before nodding and making her decision. Reaching around to run a finger over her anus, she felt confident in the amount of lubrication she had applied earlier. Rose picked up her gift, took a deep breath and slowly inserted the plug. Graciously, Nathan had chosen a fairly small plug so, despite the initial discomfort, Rose’s body soon accepted the rude intrusion. Rose sighed deeply, feeling a seductive warmth begin to grow in the centre of her being—a full feeling that left her excited and trembling.

How on earth will I be able to move about and clean without having an orgasm? she thought as she began to sweep Nathan’s floors.
****
Discovering Pleasure is available 
Buy It HERE!

Curious about Marie Haynes?
Check out her blog:

6 comments:

  1. Ok, that is such a hot excerpt. Added the book to my buy list..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm - hot and spicy and sexy and... whew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn girl everytime I come to one of your interviews I end up buying a book. LOL Guess that means you are awful good at this. Plus that excerpt had my heart pounding. Hot Damn that was hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clan of the Cave Bear! Wow, it's been a long time since I've thought of that book but definitely a classic. Enjoyed reading the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savannah, Cassandre, Sherry & Louisa, thanks so much for stopping by!!

    xoxo,

    Nichelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuse me -=Runs to turn on the fan=- Okay..Whew.
    You ladies peaked my interest about this book! I'll definitely be on the look out for it!
    Great interview!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...