Thursday, May 31, 2012

Simply Sexy Stories Welcomes Samantha Cayto!

NG: I’m welcoming Samantha Cayto on Simply Sexy Stories! Hi, Samantha!
SC: Hi Nichelle, thanks so much for inviting me today.

NG: My pleasure! Let’s start with some Samantha Cayto trivia questions! What’s your favorite time of day?

SC: After dinner. I’m a night person.

NG: Me too! What’s your favorite place to write?

SC: At the dining room table. It allows me to write and keep track of what’s going on with my family.

NG: What’s your favorite drink in the morning?

SC: Coffee!

NG: Gotta have that java, eh? I can relate! What are you reading right now?

SC: The Witness by Nora Roberts. I love Nora.

NG: I do too! What’s your favorite thing about summer?

SC: Not having to drive the kids to school.

NG: LOL! Do you have an e-reader? If so, tell me whether it was easy or difficult to adjust to reading digital books. Do you prefer paperbacks?

SC: I have a Kindle. I didn’t think I’d want an e-reader, but I fell in love instantly. It’s so easy and it fits in my pocket book, too. I’m a total convert, although I still buy paperbacks.

NG: You’ve been captured and your captor tells you to choose either your MP3 player or your e-reader...which one would you choose? :)

SC: My MP3. I love to read, but I can’t read something over and over again. Music I can listen to repeatedly and it will still make me feel great.

NG: I agree! Although, I'd miss not having something to read. What do you think is the biggest misconception about females writing in this genre?

SC: That we’re all lonely, sex-starved and not serious. I am a married lawyer with three teenagers. I have a hectic and wonderful life, but romance and erotica make it that much better.

NG: Why are you drawn to writing MM erotic romance? 


SC: I’ve always found two guys having sex to be incredibly arousing. I love to read it, watch it, and write it.

NG: Do the people in your life know about your writing? Are they supportive?

SC: My family and friends know and some of my colleagues. Most everyone is supportive but a lot of them won’t read it.

NG: What advice would you give to inspiring authors interested in penning successful MM erotic romances?

SC: Keep writing. The more you do it, the better you become. If you’re not a gay man, then you need to read it and watch it to get a feel for how two men go about actually have sex together.

NG: Great advice, Samantha! Okay, let's talk about your writing. Describe your writing process...are you a careful plotter or laid back pantster?

SC: I’m a pantster. I start with a germ of an idea and run with it from start to finish.

NG: How many hours a day do you try to commit to your manuscript?

SC: My schedule is too full and erratic to plan on writing. I just catch whatever time I can and sometimes won’t write for days.

NG: What’s your biggest distraction from focusing on your writing?

SC: Tiredness mostly. I can get home pretty late and don’t have the energy to write.

NG: What are you working on for 2012?

SC: I’m working on three new short stories to promote the Naughty Sleepover that the Sassy Seven are hosting in February. None of those will be MM, though.

NG: You've got a lot going on! I'm impressed you find ANY time to write. Let's talk about your latest release One Night In A Dungeon. What's this story all about?

SC: It’s about a military man fulfilling his fantasy of being a submissive. I love the idea of a strong man bending to another’s will.

NG: What inspired you to pen this story?

SC: I love the military, BDSM and MM sex. The story wrote itself!

NG: I love it when that happens! Give me three reasons readers will love One Night In A Dungeon.

SC: Well the guys are hot, the sex is hot and it has a happily for now ending. I like happy endings and I think readers like them too.

NG: Samantha, I think you're right! What's the one thing readers can always count on when picking up one of your books?

SC: I always try to have believable characters and dialogue. And, oh yeah, lots of steamy sex.

NG: Samantha, thank you so much for coming on Simply Sexy Stories. Best wishes for all your endeavors in 2012!

SC: Thanks you, Nichelle. It’s been fun talking with you.
Blurb: Captain Drew Atkins, a battle-hardened warrior, is ready for the ultimate test of his strength and courage - submitting himself to another man’s control. Luc DuBois is the consummate Dom, the perfect man to initiate Drew in the twin delights of pleasure and pain. One night in a dungeon taxes them both.

Drew isn’t sure he can yield up control or take the pain his body craves. The allure of this new submissive drives Luc to the edge of his control.
Luc introduces Drew to the awesome effects of pain and the bliss of leaving the decisions up to someone else. The tension of Drew’s career washes away with each stroke of the flogger. He is more than willing to give Luc whatever he demands.

Luc admires Drew’s strength, is humbled by his trust and takes only what he knows the other man can give. As he plays with the soldier’s body, Luc also knows one night will not be enough.


Caution! Sexy Excerpt Below:
The hard slap of leather against skin matched the beat of the Linkin Park song playing in the background. Drew Atkins closed his eyes and let the sounds blend inside him, his blood pounding in his head, coursing through his veins with the same throbbing rhythm. His cock pressed hard against his jeans. It had been that way since moments after he'd arrived at this out—of—the—way labyrinth of playrooms. Who knew Los Angeles could harbour such wicked delights behind an unmarked door guarded by discreet bouncers clad in black? All it took to gain entry was to utter a simple sentence.

"I'm Luc's guest."

The Dungeon Mistress had smiled as if she'd known what lay in store for him tonight. He hadn't. He could only have imagined until he had stepped into this playroom and watched two people, a man and a woman, being strung up and beaten. Even though neither scene was of a man mastering another man, the sights still heated his blood and banished his apprehension. He was going to do this. He was going to finally submit himself to another man and learn what delights could be found by being dominated and disciplined.

The fantasy had lurked in the back of his mind for as long as he could remember, ever since he had been old enough to understand and acknowledge that he was gay. He had pushed aside the thoughts, the yearnings, because dealing with his sexual orientation had already been a difficult thing to do. For too many years, it had clashed with his desire to be a soldier. Attending West Point and working his way up the ranks to captain—and all the while stealing a few moments of pleasure with other men—had taken time and energy. It had been easier to bring his natural inclination towards leadership into the bedroom rather than check it at the door. But it had been exhausting, too, and never as fulfilling as he had hoped. In the end, the plain truth of it was that, while he had been born to take charge in every other aspect of his life, when it came to sex, he wanted someone else to lead the way.

He focused his attention on the smacks and groans and imagined it was him tied up and being beaten. His flesh tingled with arousal. He could feel the hair on his arms rise. A shudder ran through him. This part of his nature had been harder to acknowledge. Although, like any good soldier, he avoided harm as much as possible, his deepest desire was to be disciplined as well as mastered. He had done the research and now understood that guys like him, who carried responsibility and suffered tremendous stress, often craved the release of pain. Still, a part of his brain screamed 'deviant' and, worse, questioned his manhood. What kind of 'real' man liked to be trussed like a hog to slaughter, and made to moan and scream? 


* * * *
***Book Giveaway!!***
Leave a comment below for a chance to win a copy of Samantha's book! A winner will be randomly selected by Friday, June 1st!
****************************************************

Author Bio:
I wish I had something exciting to put here - something like I'm a dominatrix who spends her days having gorgeous men lick chocolate off her body. The truth is I'm a corporate lawyer, happily married for twenty years with three kids and four dogs. I've loved erotica and especially male-on-male stories since my teen years. Besides my family, writing and reading, my loves include the sight, smell and sounds of the ocean (I'm a New England girl through and through), chocolate (naturally), prime rib (bloody) and good bourbon on the rocks.

I love to hear from readers. Please write to me at:
Samantha@samanthacayto.com

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the interview -- I like my prime rib bloody too!

    I haven't read anything by you yet - but this sounds promising... and definitely something my husband would enjoy - have the title put on our to read list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your husband would enjoy it? I'm envious.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhh... M/M erotica...turns my crank, every time ;)

    Luc and Drew sound delicious.

    Thanks for the interview, Nichelle & Samantha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...